Installing Piviting Anchor Roller/Pulpit

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dadsdayoff2

Reaction score
Manokin River, Chesapeake Bay /Roxborough, PA.
I found this on Craigs List $100 Brand New! Has anyone installed one of these on a Pilot House model? I have a 2520 w/ a factory Pulpit and would like to install it on top. Tired of running up to bow to push anchor off. Thanks, Ken

Attachments

• 3n73m53o05Y45T45P6b6ge7a245fae700125d.jpg
    3n73m53o05Y45T45P6b6ge7a245fae700125d.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 281
Not sure what that is.

Does it allow the anchor to drop off as soon as it is released?
Mine pretty much drops off as soon as she is released, so I'm not really sure what I'm looking at in your photo.

web.jpg

Hi Megabyte, It is a self deploying anchor pulpit. It pivots, so once i release my windlass the front drops and the anchor falls. I guess your anchor is top heavy enough to do it on its own (pretty neat). I purchased a plow anchor a few years ago with the hope it would deploy itself, but it didn't. Mine did not have that bulb on it. I also found that the plow I had did not grab as well as my Dansforth so I switched back. Does your anchor drop everytime on it own? Thanks, Ken

I've been wondering if I could buy those additional weights that fit on the anchor. I have the hole there but no additional weight. Has anyone seen a source?

Thanks

dadsdayoff2":2vf7p7cu said:
Does your anchor drop everytime on it own?

It does, but I don't have a windlass. Mine is all manual. :)

The white 'bulb' that you see there is actually plastic and filled with air.
The theory is that as the anchor falls, the air chamber keeps it oriented properly so that it hits the bottom properly and hooks every time.
My anchor is called the "Captains Choice", but they offer many different models.

Not sure if they are still selling them, but a Google search found this:
http://www.azuremarine.com/e1en/groups/ ... bubble.asp

Back