Interfacing fuel gauge with Garmin 1243xsv

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used a bus adapter and Garmin cable with the J1939 input to get all my engine info on screen, works great.
However my fuel gauge didn't come over with it but it works on my Yamaha gauge. As this would be a universal gauge sending unit I'm guessing there's a way to have it send a signal to the Garmin head unit.
Anyone else have it connected?
Thanks in advance.

https://static.garmin.com/pumac/GFS_10_Install_Multi.pdf

BUT..... Having done what you did... I pretty much found it useless. Why you ask?
Because a MFD is used as a Chartplotter/ Sonar... Turning on the Full page of instruments all that is lost.. Sticking it in a smaller box with 3 devisions..... Chartplotter,Sonar, engine fust makes everything to small. using the factory gauges and using the MFD as a Chartplotter / Sonar is much better. Here's another Tip. Set you MFD with Chartplotter at Top 12:00 and Sonar at Bottom 6:00.
Instead of 9:00 & 3:00 It's easier to see the long trail of Sonar Info.... Also Turn ON A Scope. It represents whats under the boat NOW.
As to Fuel gauge.I find a Analog gauge to be MUCH better. 1 gauge for each tank, if you have dual tanks like my '95 2530 did. Easier to watch when filling and easier to balance the boat, if sucking out of one at a time like I did with single engine.

https://static.garmin.com/pumac/GFS_10_Install_Multi.pdf

BUT..... Having done what you did... I pretty much found it useless. Why you ask?
Because a MFD is used as a Chartplotter/ Sonar... Turning on the Full page of instruments all that is lost.. Sticking it in a smaller box with 3 devisions..... Chartplotter,Sonar, engine fust makes everything to small. using the factory gauges and using the MFD as a Chartplotter / Sonar is much better. Here's another Tip. Set you MFD with Chartplotter at Top 12:00 and Sonar at Bottom 6:00.
Instead of 9:00 & 3:00 It's easier to see the long trail of Sonar Info.... Also Turn ON A Scope. It represents whats under the boat NOW.
As to Fuel gauge.I find a Analog gauge to be MUCH better. 1 gauge for each tank, if you have dual tanks like my '95 2530 did. Easier to watch when filling and easier to balance the boat, if sucking out of one at a time like I did with single engine.
The 12/6 tip makes a ton of sense....never thought of it!!

Back