Is a 200 HP enough power for a 2320?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunaJoe

Reaction score
I think I have a buddy interested in buying a Parker out here in Souther California. He has found a 2003 2320 with a 200 HP 4 stroke Yamaha.
I know the new 2320s come with a 250 Hp. Is a 200 adequate for a 2320?

He was going to join CP, but can't seem to access the site. i told him I'd ask for him.

Thanks!

TunaJoe":1f0jg3kb said:
He was going to join CP, but can't seem to access the site. i told him I'd ask for him.

The old site was hacked about a week ago, and we now have a new host and new forum software,
Have him try again now. Should be good to go.

I have the 200HP set up on my 2320 and here in the Delaware Bay where I have heavy chop most of the time it is fine. I get 40 mph on flat calm days, but only go that fast to see if it will do it. If you are Ocean running I would think that more HP would be better. I have no problems with mine. I run no more than 25 Mph most of the time.

200 will get the job done for basci set up and light to moderate gear/weight loads. If heavy gear, or 3-4 people regularly ride a 225 or 250 might give better all around performance.

My 05 2320 full of fuel and a full cooler and 4 adults will only hit 36 mph on a perfict day. Which prop should I be running ? Thinking its time for a new wheel.

Marek":1dva9esv said:
My 05 2320 full of fuel and a full cooler and 4 adults will only hit 36 mph on a perfict day. Which prop should I be running ? Thinking its time for a new wheel.

What motor, and how many RPM's are you running at WOT?

225 4 stroke and wot will hit 5900. The other day coming in from crabbing would only hit 5400 at 32 mph running into a 15 mph wind

Two things come to mind...
1. you are over-propped
or
2. you have a fuel delivery issue in the higher end of the motors rpm range

The fact that you went from 5900 to 5400 recently would lead me to believe it could be item number 2.
I don't know much about the F225, but if that happened to my OX66 I'd be looking first at the fuel pumps and the filters.

I have a 2003 2320 with a 200 HP 2 stroke.

Works fine for me. But I am no speed demon.

In the chop I throttle back.

Back