Is this a 23 se or 23 dv ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a Deep Vee. The two chines indicate Deep Vee. An SE will only have one. Attached is a pic of my 1999 23' Deep Vee. Looks like the year models are close too
Thank you. The deep Vee is what I want. An old gas tank is not what I want. I love recent repowers which then immediately go for sale. The ad for the boat lists the reason as “change of mind” or not using enough”. Sure. lol

Last edited:
I had the boat for approximately five years. I’m very happy with the boat. They’re much better built in the 90s and early 2000s then they are now.
Perfect. Thanks, I consider these boats a budget 23’ regulator.

Thank you. The deep Vee is what I want. An old gas tank is not what I want. I love recent repowers which then immediately go for sale. The ad for the boat lists the reason as “change of mind” or not using enough”. Sure. lol
I had my tank replaced 2 years ago. The cost of the tank and installation was $6,000.

Reactions: Efx
Wow, mine a 93 and he gas tank, still holding in there. What size was the gas tank. Mine is 155 gallons.
You are on borrowed time. Keep that boat high and dry when not in use.

Agree at some point Parker rebalanced their boats and moved the fuel tanks forward to negate the ass heaviness. Also epoxy coated their fuel tanks that will probably add 5 to 10 years of life to the tanks. Sometimes progress is good!

Agree at some point Parker rebalanced their boats and moved the fuel tanks forward to negate the ass heaviness. Also epoxy coated their fuel tanks that will probably add 5 to 10 years of life to the tanks. Sometimes progress is good!
I concur about moving and epoxy the gas tanks

For those that have replaced their tanks, how did you determine it needed to be changed out?

Wow, mine a 93 and he gas tank, still holding in there. What size was the gas tank. Mine is 155 gallons.
Mine is the same. 155 gallons. My 2001 2801 CC Parker has 2 150 gallon tanks, 300 gallons total and those tanks are original today. The problem was that the tanks from Parker was originally 1/8". You can't get that tank today. You have to get 3/16" or better USCG rules. I bought my tank from speedytank in NJ (see their website) they did a fantastic job. Just in case you need this information I am attaching the CAD drawing that I received from the original manufacture RDS Manfacturing. Those guys won't build you another tank though. Just send this drawing to Speedytank and they know what to do. The tank was $2,450 in 2020. The shipping was $245. I would expect the tank to cost more today thanks to the Bidens.

Attachments

• 50271.pdf
    67.1 KB · Views: 0
For those that have replaced their tanks, how did you determine it needed to be changed out?
I determined mine needed a tank when I had to drain 155 gallons of gasoline out of my bilge.

Reactions: Efx
Mine is the same. 155 gallons. My 2001 2801 CC Parker has 2 150 gallon tanks, 300 gallons total and those tanks are original today. The problem was that the tanks from Parker was originally 1/8". You can't get that tank today. You have to get 3/16" or better USCG rules. I bought my tank from speedytank in NJ (see their website) they did a fantastic job. Just in case you need this information I am attaching the CAD drawing that I received from the original manufacture RDS Manfacturing. Those guys won't build you another tank though. Just send this drawing to Speedytank and they know what to do. The tank was $2,450 in 2020. The shipping was $245. I would expect the tank to cost more today thanks to the Bidens.
Good to know I live in New Jersey. I have to look into that if and when I need it.

I determined mine needed a tank when I had to drain 155 gallons of gasoline out of my bilge.
Haha, that’s the worst indicator and volume of fuel in a bilge I have ever heard of. I drained out 40 gallons and that was a nightmare. I smelled like gasoline for weeks.

Last edited:
Back