Issue was gone but now has returned....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThePeterParker

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK I have posted in the past about my new to me 2120 with Yamaha 150 2 stroke.....it would run out great and after shut down would not start after sitting. I tried many things to get it started and playing with the choke etc.... It seamed Vapor lock was the issue( let it idle 5 minutes and worked all season) but low and behold after all season of no issue it returned. I would run to a spot fish 20 minutes or so and then restart would be bad news. The only thing I changed was running 87 octane to 89 or higher and once I reintroduced the 87 the problem came back and water separator was filled with water not gas.....beware ......or if you have any other advise please let me know....I understand there will be issues but this non stop issue of running great and not being able to restart the engine is embarrassing besides really starting to make my blood boil...loll...got to laugh.....I trade in a paid for boat with one that has payments to be stuck on the water.....

Where do you purchase gas? I could contact the fuel dock manager for their PM SOP. Or change docks... usually if gas has water others who buy gas like have trouble too.... are you E 10 gas or E zero. When u bought gas was the dock's tank refilled that day? May be stirred up water. They should tell their maintenence schedule. Word of bad gas and kill a marina business quickly and most take maintenence seriously

You may have bought bad gas or maybe your fuel fill o ring is bad.mine was bad years ago and it amazed me how much water gets in.

I would watch the gas station that you fuel from having a bowl full of water isn't normal. I live in on Long Island also and remember the 13 inches of rain we got a couple weeks ago.... Caused a lot of areas without water problems to have lots of flooding.

Do you treat your road gas?

Fuel from an on road station has a very different formula that has docks.

My old boat had many problems using gas station gas back when ethan was first forced on us if the boat sat for a little while. You either need to treat the fuel or by pretreated like valve tech, etc.

Water isn't normal so if you are seeing it in your separator it's either getting in through a fault in your system or the quality of fuel is suspect.

Bryan I treat it every time with star tron ethanol treatment and after today's outing it appears the issue is still there but not water. We narrowed it down to the primer bulb. I replaced the bulb last year and it seams this might be the issue because when I restart it is not tight. My brother in law will squeeze it and hold firm and she fires up. I am going to replace it again with a better bulb not a cheap one and see if this solves the issue. Just strange that the bulb would go in one season.

Back