It is back on!!!!! Good half day on the bay!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Faithful

Reaction score
Crushed the bass in a short trip off of BPL. Trolled today for about 4 hours and had around 17-18 big striped bass with the smallest going about 33" and the largest a fat 43"... Only one other boat around us. Photos to come!

Needless to say it is hot out on the bay. We trolled a 13 rod spread for about 4 hours just south of Annapolis today. Water temp was around 44 degrees and we had gannetts flying around us. Though it is only C&R right now, some of the best fishing is to be had!

It started a little slow as we set lines just before the tide change and we only picked up like 3 or so. However, Things got crazy for a bit after the water started moving again and my buddy lost count of fish at 15 in his log (had like 3 or so more). Everything was getting hit and we left a good bite due to time constraints. The few over 40" fish seemed to come on deep umbrellas that I was running the depth of the thermocline. (thermocline was around 30' - most fish caught in deep water of the channel today) I will say that solo chutes were hot of the planer board too. (ran 4 solo chutes off of one board and 4 tandems off of the other) Color didnt matter except no fish hit the yellow...

Beautiful day on the bay too. Glassy water on the way down yeilded a 29-30mph cruise burning just 9.3-9.6gph with full fuel, 3 onboard, and all gear for the 13 rod spread with planer boards. A quick burst of WOT tickled 40mph at 5900rpms with the single 225. Wind and tide did kick up a little chop for the ride home but seas remained nice.

Here are some shots:

Attachments

• joe1.jpg
    joe1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 185
  • joe2.jpg
    joe2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 185
  • joe3.jpg
    joe3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 185
  • joe4.jpg
    joe4.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 185
WTF? Don't you own any flanel shirts or sweatshirts with paint on them? Good grief man, put on some real fishing clothes...and get rid of that GQ crap. :D

Good work out there. :)

Very interesting that the fish are deep. Just the opposite of what you would expect for spring. :?
Also curious that the tandems didn't produce as well as the singles. Generally, the reverse is true.

You aren't throwing a re-direct on us are you Greg? :D

BTW - nice fishes!

Looks like a real good day. I always seem to get bigger fish off my deep rods.

I got my boat in the water Monday and going over tackle Saturday. I might get the boat down to the Magothy (Sister's Pier) on Sunday if weather permits. With a little luck I might get a few hours in on Sunday.

Bahhh... I wear a FREE windbreaker given to me from a print supplier and wear it over a nasty old sweat shirt with holy jeans and you guys think I am styling. I need to show this thread to my wife who says I have no style and that she needs to dress me :lol:

Deep rods werent as hot as the planer boards but they caught the big fish. I believe that was due to the deep umbrellas running along the distinct thermocline. Tandems did pick up fish but I think because they run a little deeper that the fish struck the singles most. Bill Judge was out there too and had 21 fish (he stayed longer) and his tandems were hot. However, he was trolling at 4knots with his big single 480 cummins in his 36'er

BTW, spring prepping on my boat means putting the rods back on it (I refuse to "winterize" again) Fish dont care if the boat is dirty either :lol: The boat does have "yacht" designation as it would sound stupid if the brand was called Judge Boats :wink:

B-Faithful

Hey dont let those guys bust on your wardrobe, whose putting the fish in their boat. Greg Is !!! Nice fish.

Catfish

Back