Jacks stands required

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 with keel blocks to do it safely.

Can probably get away with 2 stands in the stern with keel blocks if you won't be up in the boat.

Don't use jack stands, those are for cars. Use Brownell boat stands.

Angus":2rra390l said:
Lol gw I ain't getting under new boat with some scrap pieces of wood and set of blocks lol
With a 17' Mako CC ... maybe he could do it ;)

Dale, maybe your right and I meant to say any boat, not new boat. I've crawled under many cars when i was younger, but not sure I am crawling under a boat unless supported right, but agan like you said a 17 ft Mako I think that I would not have a problem with it. Come to think of it I did a few weeks ago climb under my 2320 Parker to trim a piece of metal off the trailer, but it was on a trailer. :shock:

DaleH":1oh15w6v said:
With a 17' Mako CC ... maybe he could do it ;)

Or a 22' Grady...

44fc774b.jpg

Double up the blocks, set the blocks at 90 degrees to the ones in the row below, make sure the holes are up and don't make it higher than it has to be. The scrap pieces of wood just serve to protect the gelcoat. It's usually a 2 x 4 or something.

The setup above was rock solid.

Brian, I just want to know where you got that wheel barrel, boat trailer to haul it to that spot, LOL Just picking. I've never had a wheel barrel that did not have a flat tire. As far as the blocking I am sure it can be done, I just don't perfer it, but hey thats what makes us all great! Safe boating in 2014!

Cinder blocks work too. Stands are easier to move and store

When my boat is in the yard, I lift it off the trailer with 4 stands and one keel stand.

Back