Just bought 1995 2300 DV CC "Battleship"

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nobplt

Reaction score
After being out of boating for about 3 years I lucked up and found a reasonable 1995 2300 CC DV with a 2 stroke Yamaha 200 that has been drystacked with no bottom paint. The boat is an absolute battleship, big, solid, and gorgeous classic lines. I have owned several boats (Wellcraft, Topaz, Seahawk, Grady-White, Previous Parker) in the past 25 years. I originally set out looking for a used 26 Regulator and happened to look at a newer model 2300 CC DV last year. I was impressed by the enclosed transom, forward seating, and west coast bow rail of this boat. I no longer need a cuddy cabin as my kids are grown. I am absolutely ecstatic about my "find". While I will not debate the Regulator is a different class of vessel, this old gal will serve my purpose just fine. The only gamble will be in the motor and if it blows will just have to rebuild or repower. Wish me luck, pictures will follow.

windknotnc":2qyb07hx said:
Where are you located? How about some pics.

you can't bait us like that with no pics, let's see her. Glad another 2300 is in the house

I am having a hard time uploading photos. Any advice ?

use a photo resizing tool in PC or in Mac preview to make the photo smaller as there are limits in the bytes to post.

I am still having trouble getting a photo on the board as I am on my Ipad most of the time and I haven't found a program yet to resize the photo's. Promise I will post some as soon as I figured out how to. We did run her this weekend and she ran great and turned a lot of heads :)

Try emailing a pic from Camera Roll in Photos app to yourself
Open Photos
select pic
press forward icon in the lower left side
Select Mail
In the Field, add your email address
add Subject
Press Send
Select Small (or Medium)

Open Mail and find your email
press on image
select Save to Camera Roll

now try to upload it from Camera Roll

Ok another try at a picture of my new to me Chesapeake Bay Battle Wagon from Virginia Beach

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 436
Thanks Brent, worked great. More pictures to follow.

Looks a lot like mine...I need to mount a boarding ladder on the bracket like you have. Anyone used a set up like this before? I also removed my bow rail. If you decide to do that call me and I will share the trick for reaching those impossible bolts.

I think I will keep the bow rail. I am from NC and can appreciate the sporty looks of not having one. I have come to like it though. I fish in the Bay a little with my wife on the bow and like the idea of her having something to hold on to when it's choppy. My next big decision is the purchase of an Edson Steering Wheel. I would like to have some opinions from anyone who has one. I am looking at a 14.5 inch with power knob. I know it is expensive, but think it would be awesome to use and look sharp. I understand that the knockoffs are a lot less expensive, but have my heart set on an Edson. Does anyone have one on their boat? I am a little concerned about it sitting a too high, as the Parker wheel does not have a dish.

Save that $400 on the Edson wheel and buy a $20 SS clamp on power knob for the stock wheel and put that cash into some advanced electronics.

How's the performance of the 200? I'm looking at a similar rig - '95 with 200 HP Yamaha 2S and was a little turned off. I've got a 200 HPDI on my 2100 and would think it be a little sluggish on the bigger 2300.

Looks great - it is really my dream boat.

Nobplt":3vp01nit said:
My next big decision is the purchase of an Edson Steering Wheel. I would like to have some opinions from anyone who has one. I am looking at a 14.5 inch with power knob. I know it is expensive, but think it would be awesome to use and look sharp. I understand that the knockoffs are a lot less expensive, but have my heart set on an Edson.
FWIW I just bought the 13" diameter knock-off Edson-type wheel for the 3rd station up in the tuna tower. I was impressed with the quality of materials and finish. I can't tell its not an Edson, less the nameplate/logo missing ...

For keeping an extra $200-$300 in my pocket ... I'm thrilled!

I cruise the boat about 4000-4200 rpm. She runs about 23 Kts in smooth conditions which is fine with me. I fish Chesapeake Bay and most days it's a choppy mess. I ran 15 miles in a head on 2-3 sea last week coming home. I brought her up to 4000 rpm and she about beat the fillings out of my teeth until I got her bow trimmed down with those new 12x18 Bennett trim tabs. She finally got in the groove and settled down to a comfortable ride at 19 kts with no spray. As for the Edson wheel, I love it. It was just one of those things I had to have. Wound up paying $350 with no tax or shipping for the brand new 14" with knob and rubber under the wheel. I just can't say enough about this boat. I looked at a 2012 23 Regulator the other day (just for kicks $70k) that I would not trade my boat for (maybe the motor). In my opinion Parker hit the sweet spot with the 2300 DVCC. I think it is the finest 23 center console boat built. My wallet is about finished with the restore so I will try to post some more pictures soon.

Back