Just ordered a new yamaha 250 for my '97 2310. what prop?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluefin66

Reaction score
I am going from a 1997 250 two stroke to the new 250 four stroke and would like to know what prop will work best for the new combination.
Please let me know what prop you are using.
The boat is a 2310 model with the slot opening (not the bracket model).
Thank you.

I know that I can do boat tests with several types and sizes of props to come up with the best prop. I was just hoping that someone with the same setup that I have might give me a some idea of what prop worked well for them and I could try that on my boat.

A bonus of using PropGods, is that if that one you 1st get is not the "right" prop, they'll send you another one to try, or 2 or 3. You 'pay' for all, but then get credit (minus a small handling fee, used to be $35/prop) for those returned.

There is NO better way to get the right prop. But I hear you, you are hoping to start out with a 'good' one. I'd still procur it from Ken @ PG.

I have a 2007 2310 (with the bracket) and my 250 yamaha wears a merc REV 4 17. When I bought the boat she had the black 3 blade 17(standard). Filled her up with gas and packed her with ice to go offshore with 4 grown men. I almost didnt plane off. With the 4 blade, not only can I plane off but I can keep her on plane all the way down to about 17 mph. I know it is not the exact same boat but maybe this gives you a starting point.

15 1/2 x 17 for 3 blade is maybe a starting point, or 4 blade 17, again only suggested starting point.

15 1/2 x 17 SS is what I have on my 2 stroke now. I called Parker and they also recommended this one for the new 4 stroke. So I guess I will try my existing prop first.
Thanks.

There is a user here named Grouperjim. I also have a 2320 with F250, and followed his great advice. Got a permatrim and it makes a huge difference. I also changed to a mercury mirage 18 prop. I just ordered a rev 4 17 from eBay because I want to plane at a slower min speed. The permatrim has made lots of difference in fuel economy and ease to plane the boat. (Search for grouperjims threads)

scott diego":39m1k7ce said:
There is a user here named Grouperjim. I also have a 2320 with F250, and followed his great advice. Got a permatrim and it makes a huge difference. I also changed to a mercury mirage 18 prop. I just ordered a rev 4 17 from eBay because I want to plane at a slower min speed. The permatrim has made lots of difference in fuel economy and ease to plane the boat. (Search for grouperjims threads)
That's good info. I'm going to buy that. What is your top speed with the F250? If you were to repower would you buy a 250 or try a. 300 hp. ?

Marty D":15o8sxb2 said:
scott diego":15o8sxb2 said:
That's good info. I'm going to buy that. What is your top speed with the F250? If you were to repower would you buy a 250 or try a. 300 hp. ?

My top speed with the F250 is 40 mph. However, in the pacific I can rarely run it like that. IMHO, if I were to be looking at new motors I would look at the Suzuki 300...

Just an FYI I like the 4 blade better than the 3 blade I mentioned in the post above. My mpg is 2.2-2.5 running planing 26-30mph with a moderate load.

Back