Just wanted to say "Hi" and "Thanks".

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannibal

Reaction score
Not really a new member - just been a while between visits.

I just posted my boat for sale in the classifieds and in doing so, scanned back through some old threads for memories sake. I have to say, you all were good to me. I was a total "newbie" (still not far removed) and you all helped me tremendously in working my way through an old boat that was new to me and all the issues an old boat comes with. There were many gremlins to figure out but I am proud to say, that with your responses, I managed to solve most myself. Hell, I am even pretty efficient at doing most maintenance items now and have even gone as far as diagnosing and making some minor repairs myself. Still not a pro but when I am explaining the indexing of plugs or how easy a starter replacement is to do in your driveway - I am definitely far better than I was years ago.

All in all, I ended up with a boat that runs strong and provided many memories. It's time to move on though as we're moving to a place where storing the boat isn't practical (and is actually an expense). Add to that weekends of practices and commitments with the kids and the simple reality is I am better suited to hop on a buddy's boat or charter a ride at least for the foreseeable future.

This site is a wealth of information and a wealth of character. Even in reading through some of the old threads I started, you all were decent to me and helped me along the way. Not many places are like that and not many people make an attempt to help a stranger out.

I am truly grateful as the end result was a lot of great memories on the water with my friends and with my family.

Thank you for that.

Will

Back