keep up on your fuel!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aircoastie

Reaction score
I just wanted to let my $1500 experience be a channel marker to others. Did not get to use the boat a lot this past year and got a stabilizer in the fuel too late. Even after I changed all the filters and spark plugs, I still clogged and fouled everything with the bad fuel!! I had to have all injectors pulled and cleaned, vst, new filters again, then hire a pump man to polish the fuel... Runs great now, just take that ethanol crap seriously or you will pay!!!

No I was not using marine gas, and yes I was using the yami 10 micron. Not sure if I am going to switch to eth free fuel. Really is only a problem if you don't use the boat. I am now in Florida, so I think she will run a lot. Still either a strict regiment of ring free and some eth treatment, or eth free for a $1 more a gal until I can no longer find it.

I caused the problem on this boat as my last few boats have been diesel, so I never treated my fuel as I did not really know about ethanol until it was too late.

It seems that the initial changeover to E10 is what causes some people difficulty.
Once the switch has been successfully made, continued use of E10 is no different then the use of non-E10 blends.

I treat my fuel at every fill-up.

Ringfree (1 oz per 10 gals of fuel), StarTron (dose depends on if you are using the 'gas' or 'diesel' formulation), and StaBil (follow the dose directions on the label).

Using that plan, I've never had a fuel related problem even after storing all winter.

I fish the keys often now with my brother, who also owns a 25 parker in Marathon. Yes I was religious about changing the spin on, and the last time I changed it, was half full of water!! After four hours on the new filter, I changed that, was about a quarter full of water!!! So I may have picked up some bad fuel somewhere, but it had already contaminated just about every filter and injector!! After the fuel polishing and cleaning of everything, she runs great!!!

Back