Lack of baitwell on 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipout15

Reaction score
As the fishing season approaches I am really excited to get out on the new boat. Bought it last October and this will be my first full season with it. I still can't understand why there is no livewell on these boats?

Has anyone thought of a way to install a permanent one in the rear transom? Maybe take 20% or 30% of the fish box and convert it?

Love the boat but this one thing is driving me a little nuts. Am I alone here?

I had the same thought when I picked up my 2320 a few years ago, but I understand that bait doesn't do well in tanks with square sides, etc. Seems that round tanks are much better at keeping water and 02 flowing.

My solution was to find a round 20gal. "Keeps-alive" bait tank and tuck it under the gunnel in the stern, close to my fresh water intake, and added a 12volt jack close by to plug in the aerator. Easy to fill, drain, and didn't really take up much cockpit space that way. FWIW, I found mine used for around $75.00 about 5years ago and it's been working well ever since..

Thanks Springer....I understand about the need for rounded corners. Just wondering if there is a way to do something custom in the rear fishboxes...

Do you have a picture of the baitwell or more details?

I know that I have discussed this before on here but I still can't wrap my head around it.

Yah I'm going to put a live well tank in the transom next off season my idea is to be more oval and deep. I think it would be a simple project. Just make a mild to size. Glass it up with support ribs pop it out. Lay it in there and buy those matching lids for it that u see on the Parker in the transom.

kidfreediver":2lf1rxpd said:
Yah I'm going to put a live well tank in the transom next off season my idea is to be more oval and deep. I think it would be a simple project. Just make a mild to size. Glass it up with support ribs pop it out. Lay it in there and buy those matching lids for it that u see on the Parker in the transom.

definitely interested in knowing what you are going to do. Would like to do something similar. The fishbox in the transom in bigger than I likely need dropping something in there and taking up some of the space is what I would like to do.

thanks,

Flipout15":2kfsrhwu said:
kidfreediver":2kfsrhwu said:

definitely interested in knowing what you are going to do. Would like to do something similar. The fishbox in the transom in bigger than I likely need dropping something in there and taking up some of the space is what I would like to do.

thanks,
having the box already in there is great that means u already have a preexisting mold for that chamber. Fiberglass is a great medium. I would of started the project sooner but I just got the boat back from the newly Installed kicker. this is my transom

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426356831.664015.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426356831.664015.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 428
Flipout15":1cjj30lr said:
Thanks Springer....I understand about the need for rounded corners. Just wondering if there is a way to do something custom in the rear fishboxes...

I know that I have discussed this before on here but I still can't wrap my head around it.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 406
i put a valve from my washdown to a airater I drilled up high and plumed my stern fish box it already had the drain the pipe drain thubs you push in with the rubber end already fit perfect I cut it to the hight I wanted it works great I control the flow with the valve I have no problem with it not being round when I don't use live bait shut the valve pull out drain post and its a fish box I have a 2000 2310 I think its the same transom boats covered in snow so I cant get pics but its easy to do and works great

springer99":1jzbd3w9 said:
Flipout15":1jzbd3w9 said:

Looks good. thanks for posting. Might have to go that option. Still wish there was one built in but can't have everything right? Still love the boat.

thanks again!

I have a 2310 and have used the rear fish box as a live well. The only problem is its not completely enclosed on the inside so any splashing inside goes up and down into the bilge area. Not good. Going to go with the 20 gal barrel

I have a used tank similar to the one pictured above from my 2120. never really used it much once I put my minnows in a cooler with an ice pack.Sitting in the shed if anyone is interested.

You can always get a deck mount tank like we use on the west coast. I have a 55 gallon tank and when its not being used for live bait i store my bumpers in it and I have a lid that goes over it so it also becomes a rigging station and a place to toss gear when you take it off, place for lunch and drinks, I have a bbq and stove that can sit on it, etc. Its the center of the universe and my favorite part of the entire boat.

The attached link has a couple of pics and a fishing report from the annual tournament that is held in Washington State every year.

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/thread ... ks.550396/

Back