Last day of the Rockfish season

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOTPURSUIT

Reaction score
As the recreational Rockfish season comes to a close in the Chesapeake today, I finished up the season with my last two rockfish in the box yesterday trolling the Brewerton channel. what a nice way to end it too, the only ripples on the water were the ones I was making, "Flat as a sheet of glass"!

Attachments

• 12-14-14.jpeg
    12-14-14.jpeg
    68.4 KB · Views: 298
Not too many flat a$$ calm days on the Chesapeake.
Nicely done with the fishes.

No need to quit plenty of fishing left.virginia is open to the end of the month and I have had good fishing in ocean city and cape Henry in January and February.unless it freezes up my boat is used 12 months a year

DAWG GONE!!!! sounds like an invite... Come on Kevin, what time do you want me to pick you up, were're heading east!!!! :wink:

Nice job on getting a few fish. Weather was great for December yesterday. Flat seas, mild temps, even the sun came out for a bit.

Yes, OCMD, Potomac river, and VA waters are still open! Don't put the boats away yet folks... That is why you bought pilothouses :wink: (bite by Smith Point is ridiculous right now! 8) )

Mine stays on the lift at the house and is used 365 also. That's why I bought a Parker, and a little heater buddy!!! It would be nice if I lived a little further south. But I feel lucky just being able to get out on the water on those nice days.

hammered":250ghgiz said:
I fished near smith point two weeks ago and it was great fishing.are the fish still hanging around?

Awesome fishing there the last month or so.

You can follow my reports here: http://www.facebook.com/iFishMD

Here is our monday limit of overs and unders from just north of the VA line. (lots of releases too) The guy in the middle is my dad and he is 6' tall.
483809d1418686254-2014-season-fishing-reports-post-em-here-dad.jpg

I havent been to the cbbt for 5 years now. I have found smith point to have more action and is closer. Last two years have been more resident fish but some years we have had a lot of big fish over 40lbs.

I trailer and am willing to chase a good bite

Back