Leaning post not very comfortable on SE

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksdad

Reaction score
Anyone else find the leaning post on their SE to be a bit high and hard to sit on while driving? I thought maybe that was just how all boats are until spending a few hours on a buddies boat this weekend and actually being able to seat easily both fishing and driving.

Just curious if anyone has done anything with this. Not at all anxious to spend $$$ but wouldn't mind being able to sit a bit more often!

Yeah, after a long day on the water you will feel it some. There is not a lot of cushioning built into it.

You could have an upholstery shop recover it with better quality foam and add some bolstering for support as well. Browse around on the internet to get some ideas.

FYI -> I purchased a foot pad from Sea Shocks and gave it a try this past weekend. Although I wasn't out on the bay all day, I could definetly feel the difference in my feet and knees when riding along in the chop.

The pad fits perfectly between the livewell and the center console. I chose the blue pad, and it looks nice on the Parker. You might want to look into something like this in the future. 8)

Sea Shocks --> http://seashocks.com/

Good Luck

I drove mine wedging my feet at the console and using the "leaning post" to "lean" on and not sit on.

You can sit and drive when going slow or in really calm water. The only option for making it more comfortable is purchasing the back rest that fits into the rod holders, but I still don't think you will be able to sit and drive for a lengthy period of time in any type of chop.

I like to keep rods rigged and ready to go so if anything need MORE rod holders...so the backrest sits in the garage.

It's not so much the foam as it is the shortness of the horizontal surface and the height. I'm thinking I may combine some of the suggestions here and put a small 'box' in between the baitwell and console to give me an extra inch or two of height.

Being a bit of a fat-ass I don't really need to lean back so much as get weight off my feet once in a while.

Pmeggers we are fishing for flounder 90% of the time on the water this time of year and when you do that you can, on days when it's not too crowded, actually sit a bit and take a rare but well deserved load off. Often times the best bite is in a 6mph zone and flounder fishing here is almost always drift fishing. Not to mention in a crowd there is very little opportunity to run on plane when re-starting a drift.

Back