led lights

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butch41

Reaction score
I am looking to replace lights that are mounted in forward part of gunnels just behind cabin with led lights they are approx 21/2 in diameter does anyone know where to get them

SuperBright LEDs used to make a "beehive" shaped LED that I used on my '92 vintage 25SC to replace the light fixtures you're trying to replace. I don't see it on their present site, but look here for others, noting the diameter needed to install. http://www.superbrightleds.com/truck_lights.htm

From a previous post of mine, here they are installed:

red_deck_leds_180.jpg

Here's my LED deck lights completed, using six LED clusters. The light they cast is way MORE diffuse in reality than shown ... due to the camera.

The ones up forward (you can't see the source in the photo) and up back spread a nice "fan pattern" of light across the deck. The ones in the middle do so too, but they also have a bright "spot" in the center, which is handy to use to tie on a new rig or I put the eel bucket right under it so I can easily hook them on at night.

Slick .. and the total amp draw is around 1 amp total, if not less :D !

Here's my setup. Looked around and found LED rope lights. Don't remember exact name of company buy it was on E-Bay. I put them in with those zip ties that have screw mounting holes in them, snaked them completely around the boat under the gunnels, through the anchor locker and aft through the bilge access area. Works great. And by the way, I believe I made two different splices one on each side of the boat even though they are on one circuit because I believe the rope lights said not to exceed I believe a 30' string. Try to buy a bulk roll . Red is best for night vision although the choice is yours. :wink:

Attachments

• gunnellights.jpg
    gunnellights.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 855
I used led strip lights from extremeled .com he is a member on tht. They look alot better in person the camera is not very good.
383-Copy.jpg

376-Copy.jpg

Back