Led spreader lights

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ultrasport

Reaction score
I Need new led spreader lights I had coastal night life spreader lights (2) mounted on top pilot house but the plastic mounting brackets wear fast from UV and break. Wanna replace with new ones mounted in same spot since wiring holes already there. Any advice?

I only have a single LED spreader light on my boat, and I find it plenty bright for my use.
Mine is made by Hella and the base is stainless.
I think I put it on about 5 years ago.

Attachments

• Hella1.jpg
    Hella1.jpg
    977.2 KB · Views: 854
  • Hella2.jpg
    Hella2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 855
ultrasport":ccrwj8r5 said:
Anyone have any reviews on lights by taco?
My brothers and I bought them from Jim @ BOE Marine. They're great! While I don't think any LED using 2013 technology is a 'direct' replacement, in candlepower, to an incandescent, to me the benefits are worth the change. I find the color of the LED light to be more 'white', with less glare, and to me ... easier on the eyes, so perhaps more useful.

See: http://www.boemarine.com/taco-led-sprea ... e-housing/

Bought a pair of off road led lights and works well and bright as hell and cheaper too.. Will see if I can find some pics and post it... Tom

tomysel":37amr6w5 said:
Bought a pair of off road led lights and works well and bright as hell and cheaper too.. Will see if I can find some pics and post it... Tom
Does it have stainless steel construction? But a good reminder, as when I went to buy a marine stove, they wanted $300+ for them. Note the packaging all said "marine" model all over it.

I ended up buying the same brand stove, but in their RV model for $100 and then upgraded it to add the SS cover for another $60. So for just over 1/2-the price, I ended up with the SAME stove as their marine model, less the packaging. It's all in the marketing ... ;)

I've installed the ones that Kev did..... But they are available in Black w/Gray trim also. I was impressed by them. Low amperage , but the liting was Great.

100_1483.jpg

ultrasport":2pcrcy3r said:
Dale is the taco stainless mounting bracket allow to mount on top of pilot house? Hard to see in pictures.
Yup, all SS construction.

I had the same problems with the Coastals, but then I removed the bulbs from the original spreaders and mounted the Coastal spreaders inside. This gave them the protection inside the housing and they have lasted several years with no problems.

I bought the rigid marine LED lights for my Ocean Master and they are awesome.
Maybe a lil expensive but the bomb.
I am actually thinking about adding a few more so that when we are out in the Canyons I can get a suntan and not strain looking for stuff. And the extra light doesn't hurt bringing more fish into the spread.
When night time Striper fishing (Rockfish for you Southern Boys) I could put a red lens cover on them and keep my night vision.

Reading reviews of the Taco units on Amazon, one of them mentioned they have vents in the back and collect rainwater and spray inside the housing. Can any of the Taco owners comment on this? I can't believe they would make a spreader light like that.

Back