LED Underwater Lights

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishAC

Reaction score
White or Green, that is the question.

I am going to order a set of these: http://www.coastalnightlights.com/orders.html

I believe someone on this board has them. Any suggestions?

I plan on getting the ones with the wires out the top and running them through my scuppers. Under my coaming pads on both sides of the cockpit I have outlets for electric reels (which i never use or even have) and the live well, so i figure i will just run them to those. Or maybe I will get ambitious and run them on their own seperate line and switch.

Also, does anyone have experience with leaving them on at the dock and letting bait come to cast net over them?

Any words of advice would be great.

Thanks all!

I always thought that white was the obvious color until I saw a boat with them in our waters. :(
We don't live in the blue water and white looked nasty to me. Makes the water look like mud.

I have never seen green around here, though "some people" say it attracts bait better.

When I do my boat next winter, I'm going to install blue. I've seen what that color looks like in our waters and it looks great. 8)
My lights will be used as much for dockside bling as they will be for fishing. :wink:

We have 4 of the double wide greens mounted on the 2520 two facing back off the transom and two facing sideways off the bracket. They put out a ton of light and were a snap to install. Get the wire out the back small hole through the transom, a little 5200 and a couple of screws makes for a really clean water tight installation. We use them night fishing for tune in the Gulf of Mexico, they produce a 50-60ft halo of light around the back of the boat

Back