Lenco actuator replacement help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In2Deep

Reaction score
In the process of replacing both actuators on my 2005 2320 and ran into an issue. I cant get the old wires outenough to splice in the new actuator . Was then planning on pulling through the newly splices wires to the correct length. Ive searched but only came up with a suggestion of filling the old hole and drilling a new one more towards the midline of the boat in a space where it will miss the deck. Its also impossible to get a drill into the old hole because its so close to the platform.
This should have been a couple hour job but its now making me nuts!!

any help would be appreciated
cheers
Jerry

Any pics? I replaced both on my 06 2120 and had plenty of extra wire from the originals to pull out. I know it’s tight back there but assuming that you can’t find and excess wire? As a last resort you could cut them somewhere under the gun wall where it’s easy to get to, then pull them out at the transom and do your splice there then pull them back under the gun wall and splice them back there too. It’s 2 splices but if you use heat shrink and all it should be fine.

It was much easier on my 2120. The holes were straight through the transom. On the 2320 the hole is drilled at a 45 degree angled downward and the wire cannot easily be pulled out. Ive pulled so hard the black insulation/jacket the 2 wires run through has now broken somewhere in the hole where its glued. Its even very difficult pushing the wire in! Its almost impossible to get a drill in the hole to enlarge it because of the angle and the fact that its placed right up under the bracket. Theres no problem getting slack in the wires the issue is the angle and placement of the hole. Theres also probably a bunch of 5200 or some sort of adhesive holding the wires in place. Just cant see whats going on on the inside of the transom. Tried a mirror on a stick but no good.
I think its crazy to have to remove the bracket in order to install new tabs? Im going nuts!

HELP!

I understand now. I think I used an ice pic on mine to push up in the hole along the wire to dislodge the 5200 or whatever sealant it was. I have one of those cameras scopes on an adjustable wand which comes in handy for that stuff. I think it was only $35 at Harbor Freight. You might just need to cut the wire at the transom and drill it out with an extra long bit to handle the angle? Might be best bet.

Had the same problem last spring with my 2520xl. I ended up cutting the old wire, pushing it in then cleaned out the hole. Cut the duetch connecter off the new actuator and insert into the hole. You will have plenty of wire to make your splice with heat shrink butt connectors then wrap it all up and secure.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ill finally update this. I called Parker and they said to use a right angle drill. That helped, but it was still a PITA to remove all the factory sealant from the hole and snake the wires through. Especially since there is NO access to the rear(inside the transom) of the holes. Good luck if you have to do this. :evil:

i have to replace my trim tab actuators. Is your motor on an armstrong bracket or directly mounted on transom.
we have a 2007 2310 with motor on bracket. Plan on pulling boat this weekend to attempt replacement.

I have a 2005, 2320 with the Lenco actuators. I replaced both in 2018. I cut the duetch connectors off the new and just spliced it in with good water tight connectors. Pulled the old actuators off the boat and freed up the wire from the sealant. Cut the old wire off the actuator, spliced it to the new wire and pulled it through the same holes and resealed it. Tie and tape the wires together good enough because of hang ups. The job takes an hour or two. You don`t need the duetch connectors so just cut them off and be done with them.....................good luck.

Back