lenco trim tab failure

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellofin

Reaction score
My 2003 Parker 21 SE trim tab motor failed to work today after 9 years of reliable service. Could it be the switch or has the motor burned out? The starboard switch works but the port side is silent. What is involved with replacing both motors, any cutting needed to run new lines? Would it be a good option to go to Bennet tabs? All info and help would be appreciated.

It's more than likely the tab motor. Replacement actuators are available on line for a reasonable price. Do a google search. Easy replacement - just remove, cut wires and splice in wires to the new unit then stuff wires back inside and seal with good calking and install new actuator in position.
I wouldn't consider replacing with Bennett at this point, It's much cheaper and easier to replace an actuator when needed.

I am in my 5th year and the port tab has not worked since we launched in the spring. I can hear the motor but no movement? have not yet jumped in to see if i can move it myself (problem with the hinge) but other then that I am at a loss.

I had one go after four years. Was making all kinds of noise and working real slow. As I was retracting it, something broke inside. The motor was spinning free but the tab wasnt moving. Took the actuator off and saw a couple drips of water come out. Shook it and found it was full of water, Salt water must have gotten in and corroded it. Contacted Lenco and they sent me a new one under warranty. Considering they have a three year warranty and Lenco sent me a new after four years gives them an A++++++++ for customer service.

Thanks for all the info, I think I wll go the easy route this season and just replace the motor

Nothing wrong with having the best of both worlds either.........electric Lencos and Bennett blades.

Attachments

• Library - 0811.jpg
    Library - 0811.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 263
Back