Lewmar pro fish windlass adjustment??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opastuna

Reaction score
I recently had difficulty with my Lewmar pro fish windlass bringing the anchor in. The drive cap does not appear to engage the gypsy so it stays in free fall mode. I can manual tighten the 1 turn needed engage the gypsy and it works fine. But I'm not able to find anything that adjusts. The stopper cam is tight and the pin simply passes the point of contact but no gypsy contact. Its almost like the gypsy sunk further on the shaft???

Folks at Lewmar told me send back for service but was hoping someone here might have seen/heard this before I remove and ship.

Anyone have this issue before?

Capt Todd

same problem. you may be holding the down buttom to long. wait awhile then try the up buttom again. Do not push and hold the down buttom or the problem you describe will occur

No I haven't but I have that windlass on my boat for quite a few years and it has worked flawlessly. You might call me a "lubrication nut" but I'm constantly running around spraying stuff with whatever I have in my hand whether it be CRC blue can electric contact lubrication or PB blaster, switches windlasses and at the end of the year Lenco trim tabs while extended with PB Blaster then pull them up. I still have the original 2003 tabs on the boat and they work fine. That windlass seems to like oil sprayed right in by the clutch assembly and mine has yet to give me a problem. Hope this helps. Oh, and don't forget to soak the steering seals with blaster and tilt and trim motor seals also each year it keeps all the seals fresh, I still have the original seals in the boat!

Back