Live well guy's unite, I need to pull trigger this week

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReelyNauti

Reaction score
Montauk lat 41.04'18.33N lon 71.55'33.05 W
Ok i have a 2006 2820 cockpit 131"x 90"

so heres the question do i get the 48" unit or the 38" wide unit either will have a 50 gallon tank,

i plan to install just far enough back, behind cabin door to allow for two people to be seated as you walk around them

The feed back i am looking for is this......

1) If i plan to have the 48" it will definately seat 2 persons of size it will leave 20 inches of passage on either side thats as much as the door so i good

vs. the 38" model

2) do i need that much with to seat" the 36" model is not much less in cost

3) main reason for the unit is 4 fold,
A)A LIVE WELL
B) a tackle and bait station
C) a place to sit outside while under way
D) Ability to remove seat in cabin and possible add a fridge micro combo unit in future...

Attachments

• ultimate ii-1.jpg
    ultimate ii-1.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 858
I think youre going to have a hard time sitting in that seat while underway being that it is so high and doesnt have armrest or anything. Id go for more of a tackle/livewell combo and forget about the seat. You can get a flip up bench seat in the back if you want or just get bean bags. Maybe something off this website.

http://nauticaldesigninc.com/custom.htm

Or if you dont want to take up as much space in the center of your cockpit my buddy has a 25 that has the livewell on the port side about half way back. it sits a little lower than the gunnel and is about 35 gallons.

Back to your question if you dont like my alternative....90"wide cockpit - 48" wide tackle station = 42" all together meaning approximately 21" of clearance between the end of the seat and the gunnels I know my fatass would have to turn sideways to get past.

I looked at finnaddict nice stuff and that live well does come from nauti designs.....

the inside is oval inside and can be built with baffel system or airation and tube for same price......

As for seat good point im gonna look into the optional arm rest the do offer them....
The idea is for summer time when im at second station i can hang outside with crew and they too can sit....

I will definately go with 38" giving 26" on each side plenty....even for a big guy.....

That unit has 8 EIGHT DRAWERS 4 on each side and 8 EIGHT plano , 4 on each side , drawers in front by live well and Rigging tubes stowage under feet of seat.....(OFF shore tuna rigs get stowed here )

OK so smaller it is 38"

Ill work on seat grab rails/arm rest..... and post some more questions in a few days..........

and thanks some more input is always welcomed.....

The only other thing I would look into is the location of the deck plate for your fuel pick ups/gas tank because having the livewell in the center of the deck will obviously mean youre going to have to run a in and out house somewhere else and you wont want to have to take everything out to get to the pick ups if you have an issue. What do they recommend attaching that thing with? Im assuming you will have to thru bolt it which is going to be a pain. I lucked out when i did my deck plates for the dive tank rack I made as was close enough to the back hatch that I could reach in there and thru bolt and in the front I was able to use the deck plate for the fuel tank to get all but 2 thru bolted and just used 1/4" screws. But I also have no where near the force that youre going to have with people sitting on it.

Just basing my suggestion on experience on my boat....people will sit wherever theres a spot whether is a designated seat or leaning against a gunnel. Most people prefer to stand or lean when running to help with balance and absorbing some of the impact unless sitting/leaning against the transom. I would think getting some rod holders mounted in the transom and getting a drop in back rest or get the rod holders that go on the back side of the transom and still get a drop in back rest and they can sit on top of the transom. That would allow you to pull it off when you get where youre going, add rod holders, and have alot more comfortable (being so far aft) seating for some people. When my tower was built i talked to the fabricator about it and he said it would work so essentially youd have an 8'wide seat that was out of the way and the back rest would be about 400 bucks for aluminum canvas everything. I just think having alot of wasted unusable space by the seat is going to be a pain in a hurry especially as that thing doesnt look cheap. they make alot of cool livewell/tackles stations that you can add sinks to or cooler or freezer cutting boards etc...plus canvas never lasts outside. just throw the back rest in the cabin when you get where youre going.

Any one with a 2520 108"x 88" or a 2530 89"x88" cockpit is not going to be able to comprehend....

I have a 135" space of which at least 35" is never in any good use....

The seat issue is a valid point but i am planning on installing just out side the swing of cabin door plus 18" to allow safe passage.
This puts unit over gas sending unit sensor.

I will add a hatch or two inside unit below bottom shelves so as to thru bolt it this way if i have a repair its just a unbolt n go ...repair.

On a 2530 less the door swing u have 64" left till transom i have 121"
On a 2520 less the door swing u have 80" left till transom i have 121"

So i was hoping to get some 2820 feedback but not yet, BUT you have all brought up a great point about the seats.... i might consider a unit w out seats same size and it will have a leaning pad...

its not the length dimension that i would worry about its the width which is the same no matter what. Even with the dive tanks set up in the middle of the deck figure it takes up 20" or so and it makes a difference.

I have a 2820 xl with a similar set up. the width of unit is 40" and the unit is placed 30" back from the pilot house door. There is plenty from room in the cockpit to fish 6 people comfortably with the unit installed. I also have a transom seat that folds down, however 90% of the time it is in the up postions and i still have a lot of fishing space. My unit does sit over the deck plate for the fuel sender. When i first bought the boat the fuel sender had a hairline crack and would leak fuel when the tank was full. the unit was easily removed, the fuel sender was replaced and the unit was put back in place. As far as the best place to sit in rough water, the transom seat is the best, but you may get a little wet, the next best seat is on that unit. the depth of my seat is longer then the one you are looking at, however i only have storage for 4 tackle trays. under the seat is the cooler which i use for my fish box and it drains overboard. I personnally would not own a 2820 without one of these units. The cockpit is so big that there is a lot of under used space, you might as well put something useful in it.

I saw Mulligan's boat and wondered if there was anyway of putting a small console/livewell combo in that huge cockpit....sort of would knock out two birds with one stone. Not sure how that would look but just thinking outside the box. Mulligan's looks nice if you don't need the second station.

Bryan 2530 included the link to the only picture i have of the unit. the unit was attached to the deck with wood screws and then caulked.

Back