Load Rite 5,200lb adequate for 23SE?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksdad

Reaction score
Got a price of $2,695 on a brand new load rite aluminum i beam trailer with disc brakes and bunks. Having a heck of a time sourcing replacement axles for my existing load rite and even if i do find them price will be about $1,200 for the pair. My trailer LOOKS lovely thanks to the pretty i beams but the u bolts are crusty as are the links on the torsion axles. Is the 5,200 enough trailer? Model is AC23t5200.

Thanks,

What WAJSKI said. Tough to argue with math.

If you're anywhere near a Parker dealer you may want to swing by and see what they use, or give them a call.

Thanks guys. Called Parker today and talked with 'engineering dept'. the 2800 figure does not include motor. We came up with

2850 boat
600 motor (if replaced with 4str)
770 fuel
________
4220lbs + ttop, electronics, batteries, fishing crap, anchor, cooler, ice, etc

Gets kinda close to 5k but i almost never have more than half tank so could take 335lbs from that.

Oh yeah, the motor! Good call. How far and how frequently do you tow? Once a year down the road I'd be perfectly content with the trailer. 100 miles every weekend I would not. Anything in between is a judgment call.

Hmm..probably in between. 10 mile round trip to ramp weekly from april/may through september and maybe less frequent oct-jan. Want new trailer as i'd like to travel 150 miles +/- half dozen times or so a year and 50 miles each way maybe 3 or 4 times.

I think I would shop around some and get an idea of what a larger trailer goes for. IMO a 150 mile haul sounds like a ways when you're borderlining the weight limit.

Gary i'm pretty sure i'm going with a 6,000lb. Looks like i have mine sold so just making up my mind on which to order.

Price i got from Parker guy in De was around $3,500 for 6k lb AB bunk style (ie guide posts, guide bunks, led lights, disc brakes).

I think that's a great decision. I think the extra $700 is worth the piece of mind you'll have knowing you have the right trailer for years to come.

Gary

Back