Looking to buy a new Parker 2520 XLD Deep Vee

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poacher

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a new 2520 XLD Deep Vee to fish offshore of Delaware and Maryland for tuna, dolphin and marlin. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from anyone running a similar model in similar conditions.

Thank you.

twin 150s would be nice to fish offshore. a little extra sense of security.

guys on other boards are bashing me about the ability of the Parker deep vee hull design to run offshore. Comments?

poacher":3v1m6bnf said:
twin 150s would be nice to fish offshore. a little extra sense of security.

guys on other boards are bashing me about the ability of the Parker deep vee hull design to run offshore. Comments?

what other boards,that 25 can go places other boats cant.....

You are not going to blast through a chop like a narrow deep V center console at 40 knts, but you can just close the window and be warm and dry.

I fish mine offshore with twin 200's, same hull as the boat you are looking at. If its too rough for you to be comfortable either slow down or don't go.

poacher":1ujzc3lv said:
guys on other boards are bashing me about the ability of the Parker deep vee hull design to run offshore.

Bet you money that the people bashing aren't owners.
The people here are owners and know these boats well.

If you are looking at the 25 you may find the 28 is not much more money. With that said, I have spent a great deal of time offshore in a 2510 with twin 150 and 2520 with a single 250 and a 2820 with twin 250s. All of the aforementioned are deep vees. Quite frankly, the boats will take more than you or I will. In head sea, don't expect to do more than 20-24 knots. In a following sea, quartering sea or beam see she will fly. Just remember your are not in a narrow beam center console sitting far aft. If you are looking for a 30 knot boat, the Parker is not for you.

I would suggest that you try get a ride with someone and spend some time on a Parker before you pull the trigger. Where are you located?

I have had my 2520 DV with a single 250 since 1998 and if I had to do over, I would purchase the same boat. I am not a canyon runner but I do make three to four trips a year to the 30 line. I watch the weather and if it blows up, I throttle back and enjoy the ride. My buddy had a 28 and was taking a beating on the ride home one particular day. Rather than run hard he decided to slow down and enjoy the ride by doing a fast troll. He ended up with a 65lb Wahoo off the Jersey shore. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Brad

Parker":p8b5i45h said:
Just remember your are not in a narrow beam center console sitting far aft. If you are looking for a 30 knot boat, the Parker is not for you.

Well said :) !

I run the exact boat (2005) you are looking at purchasing, with twin yammie f-150's. Everything mentioned above is very true. A 25ft. Parker is not a 36ft. Contender. I run in the Gulf Of Mexico for Y/F Tuna. You must pick your days, slow down ect. The Parker gives you the advantage of getting out of the weather,with the ability to keep alot of stuff-gear dry up in the cabin and the pilot house of the boat. She has right at 500 hrs on her, and is for sale if the right buyer comes along. We will be moving to a larger boat, or a cat-style boat to handle the conditions we fish in. I love the boat, with all the fishing space it provides. Parkers are built like brick sh....t houses. They will handle what you throw at them. However, my body can no longer take the beatings. Good luck, and sea trial any boat you are considering on purhcasing. Sam J. Friendswood Texas

Back