Lorance tech support?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wharf rat

Reaction score
Does Lorance have decent tech support? Also are external antenna a thing of the past? It seem most units, lorance or others, mention internal antennas. What up? :?:

Knock on wood, i have not had to call them. i have seen many bad reports with a few mixed in good ones about the tech support from Lowrance :?:

depends on who you listen to i guess. i purchased the LCX 27 earlier this year because it was on sale and they were bringing the new HDS series on line. i dont buying first run electronics. wait for them to fix the bugs in them and buy the second year or even third year.

plenty of happy HDS users here and else where.

turns into a Ford/ Chevy/ Dodge thing. what i mean is personal preferences on what you load your boat with.

why do you ask?

My experience with Lowrance support was mixed, Email OK, but their phone support PO'd me to the point that I'll never buy their products again.

I purchased a lowrance lcx 113hd and a lra 18hd radar about 2 years ago. I had installed the unit myself and had a marine electronics company install and set up the radar. I was very happy with the system. I was on lowarances website and saw an upgrade for new software and uploaded it to my machine via SD card. Now my machine states that the radar is not recognized. Called my installer and he was unable to fix issue. He spent many hours on the phone with tech support and was not able to rectify the problem. I e mailed the company and was told the rimm 300 ( radar processor) was probably bad, PROBABLY. I have been waitibg for this part for 7 months as they dont have one. I lost the past summer with my radar and it looks as if I am probably going to lose this one as well. STAY AWAY SUPPORT SUCKS. It is to the point that they will not even e mail me back.

Everything I could find out about Lorance units was good until there was a problem. The things head south. Thank you for your comback! I am going do more research on ff/gps units. It sound as if Furuno might be the way to go. After-all we are Parker owners right!

Back