Lowrance HDS-10

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Reaction score
I have a Parker 23T Big Bay. I have a new HDS 10 I am looking to install and wanted to know how much trouble it is to run the power and transponder wires from the boot under the console to the battery box in the back of the boat. Also any advice, tips or helpful hints would be appreciated.

I don't know exactly how your Big Bay is set-up, but running wires in my 21se is major pain in the neck. The PVC wire chase on my boat is not located directly under the console. The Chase tube actually terminates under the deck, and I needed to use mirrors to locate it, and then had to try to be a contourtonist to access it.

I finally gave up, and mounted my speakers on the center console itself instead of on the front bulkhead like I had originally planned to do.

Also, where the chase tube terminates at the transom, I couldn't see or even feel the wires at that end.

PARKER FACTORY --> The wire chases on the 21se are designed terribly, and should be laid out better. Running wires on a 3 piece center console hull should be a piece of cake. :roll:

On my 23 se I snaked the wires right above the fuel tank down through the hole where the battery cables go into.

It took....10 minutes?

As for the power, I run BOTH my HDS7s from accessory switches. Not sure if that is the "correct" way to do it but it worked and was not a problem. The hardest snaking job I had on the parker was jamming on the wires into the tube running from electronics box up top to electronics box in console. Radar, power to the board, VHF, speaker wires, NMEA wires....all got jammed up.

Whenever I snake I leave 80 pound fishing line where I did it before so the next time it goes smoother.

pmeggers":36xf0t61 said:
Whenever I snake I leave 80 pound fishing line where I did it before so the next time it goes smoother.

This is the key.

You can sometimes use a shop vac to help get a pull cord to run through the wire chase.
Once successful, attach an extra pull cord and leave it in place for the next time you need to run a wire. :wink:

pmeggers":1ovcp0bh said:
On my 23 se I snaked the wires right above the fuel tank down through the hole where the battery cables go into.

It took....10 minutes?

As for the power, I run BOTH my HDS7s from accessory switches. Not sure if that is the "correct" way to do it but it worked and was not a problem. The hardest snaking job I had on the parker was jamming on the wires into the tube running from electronics box up top to electronics box in console. Radar, power to the board, VHF, speaker wires, NMEA wires....all got jammed up.

I hear you buddy! I tried doing it like you described as well. Just wasn't happening. 8)

So what exactly are you trying to snake then?

The ducer wire?

Why not run the power to an accessory?

pmeggers":1ubeha5t said:
So what exactly are you trying to snake then?
The ducer wire?

If you are replacing an old transducer for a new one, you can use the old wire to pull in the new.
Securely attach the two wires together (adding an extra pull cord), and use the old wire to chase the new.
Use a little WD40 on the new cable to lubricate it, and you should be good.
Having that extra pull cord in the chase will make the next wire run a little easier.

Back