Lowrance LCX104c

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SommerTime

Reaction score
I kept getting error message on my GPS Plotter "GPS Module not Responding". I followed the gps cable from the antenna to the display unit. The original installer had cut the plug off the antenna cable and plug on the extension cable so that they could route the cable through 1/8" holes. Contacted Lowrance Tech Support and they said you had a 50-50 chance the unit would not function when you installed removed the plugs and used butt crimping terminals to reconnect. However, my unit had worked for several years and I concluded that was not the problem. Ordered new GPS module/antenna, and new extension cable. Installed the new gps module yesterday and I was amazed at the number of satellites it locked on to with WAAS Corrections and DGPS function enabled. However, I did have to drill a 3/4" hole in the roof to get the antenna plug into the pilot house to mate with the extension plug but, I am glad I kept the plugs on the gps module and extension cable.

Back