Lowrance Status Page

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SommerTime

Reaction score
I have a Lowrance 104C and when I go to the Status Page(satellite) It has a status called DGPS and WAS. can anyone tell me what these mean?

DGPS is differential. DGPS uses a network of fixed, ground-based reference stations to broadcast the difference between the positions indicated by the satellite systems and the known fixed positions.

WAAS is wide angle augmentation system and transmits corrections from orbiting satellites instead of ground-based transmitters.

WAAS is more accurate the DGPS which is more accurate than GPS. Obviously the EPE, estimated position of error, is dependent on your the location and relative proximity to shore. If you will Google these you will find more info than you care to know.

Thanks Windknotnc your explanation is very interesting. I think the WAAS was developed by the FAA for airplane positioning correction but not sure about that.

SommerTime":1se3cui4 said:
I think the WAAS was developed by the FAA for airplane positioning correction but not sure about that.
You are correct. WAAS provides lower-48-wide Differential coverage for the FAA, but we get to use it too. Its a very helpful system, and very accurate.

Back