Mast light tube clamp

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big tuna

Reaction score
My all around light has two sections of 7/8" tube clamped together after a bend. The hinge type clamp is rusted and no longer securely holds the 2 sections of tube together firmly. You can see I stuffed a small rag inside the clamp in an attempt to tighten the hold.

Where can I buy a replacement clamp and is there a better method (short of replacing the whole light pole)?

Attachments

• clamp 2.jpg
    clamp 2.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 128
  • clamp 1.jpg
    clamp 1.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 128
Looks like something someone cobbled together in their garage.

I say ditch the whole thing and get a proper marine fitting.

Betcha it was done when the canvas was replaced. If desired to keep as two pieces, you could get a tube 3-4" long or so, 1/8" diameter bigger, cut in half lengthwise.

Use two SS hose clamps (1 on each good section) to hold it. I would also wrap the cut pipe where the SS hose clamps would go w/ a wrap or 2 of electrical tape to isolate the aluminum from the stainless.

Klugie? DIY Rube Goldberg looking? You betcha, but better in appearance than what you have now, plus easier than re-wiring and preserves the take-down feature if ever needed. Maybe they wanted it to "fold down" for towing height limits, who knows ? ... ?? ...

Or, one could machine a Delrin socket to take each side w/ a fine-thread set screw.

Back