Mob+ Wireless kill switch

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fannin

Reaction score
Posted this in my project thread, but I hope others may see it here.

Today I installed a MOB+ wireless kill switch. I was planning on installing a lanyard on the rear station but knew I wouldn’t use it 99% of the time.
I saw the Fell Marine Mob+ online recently and decided it was worth the $199 in the name of safety. I got mine with the wrist band. Fairly simple install. Used a 2-1/8 hole saw. The wired it into the existing kill switch. You have to connect the remote fob each time before you can start the engine. Also if the fob goes 50’ away it will kill the engines. The same it the fob is submerged in water.
I know I’ll use this a lot more than the lanyard.
f7416b34f77b038e1dfa627afc4a7929.jpg
3ccf77e8d0355a3b0962c88dc4818ced.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the remote part battery powered? If so remember spare batteries. I picture losing power when the battery dies. I suspect they thought of that though if that’s the case. It is a good idea

I have one too, battery went dead, pia.

At night every on the boat fishes a auto inflate life jacket, in case you get hit in the head while the boat rocks and you go over, we want time to find your unconscious body and make sure we get your share of fuel and bait from your wallet before we throw you back in...

mheltunen":39qwymjm said:
Is the remote part battery powered? If so remember spare batteries. I picture losing power when the battery dies. I suspect they thought of that though if that’s the case. It is a good idea

Yes if the battery in the fob dies you just hold the dash button for 10 seconds to override. Also you can remove the harness from the back of the dash button and it has a cap that bypasses the whole system.

I have a first generation Fell Marine MOB+. It works great and since I fish solo most of the time it gives me some peace of mind.

BEWARE: my version times out after 10 hours to save battery. This feature caught me by surprise one afternoon 30 miles offshore and almost cost me $1600 in towing fees. I was embarrassed in front of my friends but we laugh about it now. It's a good idea to read all of the instructions first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

WestCoastNut":14fl20l2 said:
I have a first generation Fell Marine MOB+. It works great and since I fish solo most of the time it gives me some peace of mind.

BEWARE: my version times out after 10 hours to save battery. This feature caught me by surprise one afternoon 30 miles offshore and almost cost me $1600 in towing fees. I was embarrassed in front of my friends but we laugh about it now. It's a good idea to read all of the instructions first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think this new one is 20 hours.

Back