Mokee Dugway's New Trailer

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffnick

Reaction score
The original trailer puked out it's torsion suspension and it was decided a new trailer was in her best interest. It was painful to see the old girl lifted off the old trailer by her stern eyes, but she came away unscathed.

IMAGE_098.jpg

IMAGE_100.jpg

IMAGE_105.jpg

IMAGE_104.jpg

We put a windlass on her too. Gonna see if this installation with an identical (but thicker) wooden hatch will work so we can flip it open if we want/need to.

IMAGE_236.jpg

IMAGE_234.jpg

Of course the final installation was 'sanitized'.

Good looking trailer. Can you give us the specs and how she is optioned?

Nick asked me to chime in here as I chose the trailer and options.

Whazz the advantage to runnin' Illinois #'s?

The tow vehicle and boat are titled in Illinois.

Good looking trailer. Can you give us the specs and how she is optioned?

The trailer is a Loadmaster dual axle aluminum I beam 22-24-86TD rated for 8600#. Equipment includes Gator Shield tongue, LED lights, cypress bunks, 15" wheels, torsion axles with posilube hubs, roll on guides and radial tires. She's optioned with Kodiak disc surge brakes, front center boards, side mount spare, hub kit and SS hardware package.

We bought her at the Boat Exchange in Columbia, SC. Deal included trading in the old trailer and adjusting the bunks to fit the boat. We picked the Boat Exchange as its a 100 miles from Spartanburg, SC. Mokee Dugway prefers Spartanburg over Chicago during snow months. Also, there are zero aluminum or galvanized trailer dealers in the Midwest.

She tows well and straight. So far only 3,000 miles on her and a couple of splashes and recoveries, so no report on the trailer except an adjustment of the front bunks. We're heading to Savanah tomorrow, then up to Buck Hall north of Charleston and back to Chicago. Give us 2 weeks and we'll list any negatives and also good things.

Also, Nick did nice work on the windlass install. I can tell you more after the trip.

Don't be too surprised if that Lewmar Horizon 400 decides to rip at those screws fastened from the hinge to the wood. That windlass is the same one I have but I have the Horizon 500 and it has giant b&*#)'s. I am not saying it will happen but what I am saying is the first time you get that plow anchor hung up, be carful. Good Job!

Attachments

• 063.JPG
    063.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 655
ppem45":3jao92ct said:
Don't be too surprised if that Lewmar Horizon 400 decides to rip at those screws fastened from the hinge to the wood. That windlass is the same one I have but I have the Horizon 500 and it has giant b&*#)'s. I am not saying it will happen but what I am saying is the first time you get that plow anchor hung up, be carful. Good Job!

Thanks for the warning. There's 4 fasteners on each of the 2 hinge halfs, and everything is thru bolted.

We've anchored at least 10 times and so far so good.

Man is it nice not having to go forward.

Trailer report - put 1800 miles on the trailer & very satisfied with perfomance on the highway. Hubs run cool & braking is great
(no panic stops tho). We'll need to add a roller to prevent the keel from grazing a cross member on recovery. Boat loads straight.

Anchor windlass report - we set the anchor on average 5 times a day. I'll echo what Nick says. We should of done this earlier! Its really nice not to have to go forward. Rope flaked and didn't jam or hockle. Nice install Nick.

Back