More pictures of Hurricane Ike's devastation

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catfish

Reaction score
To All Classic Parker Members

Maybe we can all take a few minutes out of our busy everyday lives and think about the devastation that the Ike survivors are living through. It seems that with all the media coverage being quickly diverted to the economic crisis in this country that the Ike survivors are getting the back stage. There are no Red Cross commercials, no news specials, only Presidential Campaigns and State of the Economy Specials.
The people in Ga. have long gas lines and are paying $5.00 a gallon for gas in the Atlanta area because of a closed pipeline. Travel from the North East to Florida is almost impossible. The lives of the people in the these pictures have been changed forever. Imagine whole neighborhoods washed away in only hours. Still no power to a large part of Houston and Galveston. No clean water, no refrigeration, no ice, and no telling when the Insurance Companys will settle with many property owners.
I just thought maybe we (The Classic Parker Nation) could all keep them in our prayers, no matter what faith, someone there is the same as yours and they will here you. This maybe all they have for a while.

Thank-You
Catfish

This is a PowerPoint file that was sent to me. Since it is over 500kb, I had to upload it to another site for hosting.

To download:

1) Click the link below

Hurricane Ike PowerPoint Download Link

2) When the new page opens, click on "Click here to start download..." on the top left hand side of the page

3) You will be presented with a download window, that prompts you to either "Open" or "Save" the file. If you only wish to view the file once, select "Open", if you wish to save it for viewing later, or sending to others, then choose to "Save" the file.

I know it sounds harsh, but the barrier island shown in slides 5, 7, and 67, in my opinion, the Fed Gov should take it via eminent domain and turn it into a wildlife sanctuary. They did that with Chincoteague Island in VA at the end of the 1800s'/beginning of the 1900s. Turned out best for the American taxpayer and the wildlife over the long-haul.

Dave

aka

Back