Motor mismatch?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMM

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 1996 2320 that was repowered with a 2006 Yamaha F250. It looks like its riding low in the aft - the swim platform is at water level. I looked for specs for the boat but cant find what it was originally powered with - the current motor has a weight of a little over 600 lb. Can anyone help me with the specs and whether this is a reason not to proceed? Can you add ballast forward?

Does it have an Armstrong bracket on the transom ? Maybe the compartment has water in it. I don't think the motor weight is the problem. Check were the batteries are located . However adding ballast in the front won't necessarily solve the problem, may only lower the whole boat in the water

Correction: Should have said a Stainless Marine Bracket...the one with screwed down inspection plate on top of large empty cavity that will hold unwanted water.

Not sure about the Armstrong bracket - what should I look for? The bilge is dry but the batteries are in one of the storage boxes by the transom. I was getting a quote on what it would take to move them midship. Trying to come up with other ideas but not much so far...

Just checked out Armstrong brackets - definitely no on that. Original transom as far as I can tell.

I have 2310 225 2stroke and 9.9 kicker she sits fine I don't think its your motor size I am on a braket my batteries are in stern cabnet

Back