Mounting Ideas for 2x NSS9

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so, finally had a chance to crawl around "my" boat for the first time ever today. Took the wife along, a reluctant participant to be certain. The boat is at the dealer getting bait tank and other items installed.

My wife gets horribly seasick on boats regardless of what we have tried and said this would be the only time she would get on it, while it was parked on dry land.

So, we crawled around the boat and I'm impressed with the size of the cuddy area, I never crawled into the sleeping area as it looked too small for me. Well, while I've been waiting for the boat to arrive, I've dropped almost 40# since I ordered by boat in March and a few sizes. I decided to see how it would work. She crawled in there too, plenty of room! She made a comment about sleeping on the boat while it is in the slip at Dana Point. *little victory dance*

I also did as recommended at tried the MFD in multiple places, ultimately I'm going to stack them like the picture early in this thread, they look much better than I expected and seated or standing not a bad view. Above and on the dash blocked too much of the view for my comfort. Having cardboard cut outs, plus the real thing was a great way to figure out what was the best thing for me.

Some questions from the pros.
1. Can i move the round stereo to the top of the dash. I won't use it much, maybe for bluetooth as most of my fishing is offshore.
2. I want to mount my MOB+ control unit in the area in front of the throttle, is that an issue? i have attached a picture

3. I'm going to mount the AP display slightly behind the wheel to the lower right. I'm asusming I won't need to access it often as the display should be available on the MFD. I'm going to move the Yamaha to below the MFD on the left.

Yeah, I'm pretty stinking excited.

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_0278-s.jpg
    IMG_0278-s.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0280-s.jpg
    IMG_0280-s.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 141
MOB+ is the auto off control unit in case I fall it, it kills the motor. This is the receiving unit as well as the manual restart, it allows the user to override me being in the water to turn the boat back on and come get me.

I've got the MOB+ and I installed it on the starboard side of the dash. Haven't had any problems with it there.

Also I only use my MFD for the AP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

djam":kjid0cmv said:
Warthog, by pocket mount are you referring to his transducer?

Yes...... A pocket mount takes the X-Ducer and is flush mounted in a pocket and is even with the bottom of the boat.

P1010236.jpg

P1010237.jpg

P1010238.jpg

Not finished in this pix, but the final fairing.

P1010253.jpg

With the flat surface in that boat it's even easier.

The X-ducer here is the same size as the one installed in that fairing block. But that fairing block is 21in long.

It "could" be a problem for the engine water intake, as it could disturb the water flow there.

warthog5":3nw0l45i said:
djam":3nw0l45i said:
Warthog, by pocket mount are you referring to his transducer?

Yes...... A pocket mount takes the X-Ducer and is flush mounted in a pocket and is even with the bottom of the boat.

P1010236.jpg

P1010237.jpg

P1010238.jpg

Not finished in this pix, but the final fairing.

P1010253.jpg

With the flat surface in that boat it's even easier.

The X-ducer here is the same size as the one installed in that fairing block. But that fairing block is 21in long.

It "could" be a problem for the engine water intake, as it could disturb the water flow there.

Any chance you can reup those photos. Photobucket is dead and I'm trying to plan out dual 9" screens for my dash. It would be of great help!

Thanks!

Hi, I don't have a pictrure of my dash and I won't be back to my boat until this weekend. But what my guy did really worked out well.

Two NSS9s stacked top to bottom and then the stereo to the lefft and the yamaha guage to the right below the NSS9s. Fits perfect. The NSS9 is not quite large enough to cover all the holes from the guage and stereo from the standard install. I have two small screw holes to the right of my display. I'm going to hire a guy to fix that, but from a layout it works awesome. The Autopilot is just forward of the throttle and the MOB+ is just behind it. I mounted the VHF to the upper right on the ceiling. We have a small piece of starboard that goes into the roof and the VHF and mike mount into that. I run the echo on the top and the bottom is either chart or structure scan depending on how I am fishing.

Dave

Back