Mr.Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenP

Reaction score
Went to the Baltimore boat show today. Got to meet & shake the hand of the man himself. What a treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made this suggestion a few months ago, but anyone who sees Linwood at a boat show should ask him why he is putting plastic rod/cup holders on his boats, when the same thing is available in SS.

Ours aren’t plastic

You're getting excited about meeting Mr. Parker? I'd be more excited to meet Robin!! :D

GoodChance":3ct7nfqy said:
You're getting excited about meeting Mr. Parker? I'd be more excited to meet Robin!! :D

I had the opportunity to meet both of them at different boat shows and at the factory.
Both are amazing down-to-earth folks.

PKS1801":1rb8al7v said:
I made this suggestion a few months ago, but anyone who sees Linwood at a boat show should ask him why he is putting plastic rod/cup holders on his boats, when the same thing is available in SS.
You guys who have the ABS plastic cup holders should take the stainless cap off and pull the plastic rod holder out and inspect the bottom. All four of mine on a new 23 SE I bought last year were badly cracked all the way around and literally were falling apart. I replaced with the stainless ones with backing plates which were expensive but a huge improvement. The problem was the gasket Parker used was uncompatable with the ABS plastic and caused it to degrade. I got this info from the owner of Mate Series who makes them.

Attachments

• IMG_1121.JPG
    IMG_1121.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1122.JPG
    IMG_1122.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 276
KenP":12zqsxvc said:
Ours aren’t plastic

do you have combo rod/cup holders? If so they are likely black plastic with a thin stamped cover with the Parker logo. For ~$100 you can get a stainless version that is an exact match that weighs about 10 lbs each. LOL

Hi John

No our are just rod holders. We have a cup holder adapter that we bought from Birdsail marine that we use when needed

Back