My 25SE Overhaul

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blfuller123

Reaction score
When I first got this boat is needed a lot of little things. We spent some time working out all the bugs and gotten a lot of use out of it. I just pulled it out of the marina and now it is at my house for some overhauls. Here is a thread I started when I first got the boat. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16799

I have a small business doing CNC work and I am adding EVA foam flooring to services offered and I plan on using this boat to show some of my capabilities.

The first priority is getting rid of the old 2 stroke motors. The motors have been good to me and have never left me stranded but I am really looking to improve on the economy. I have a single Yamaha 350 that I am replacing these with. I am going to redo my dash since I am going from a double throttle to single. While I do that I am replacing the switch panel and fuse block and clean up all the wiring in the console. Since I have one less battery, I am remaking my battery switch and voltage sensing relay panel.

The floor has been redone at some point in the boats life. When it was redone, it was painted. When we first got the boat, we repainted it and it is now in need of paint again. I have decided to strip all of the old paint and start over. The front deck has a step and is lower that the rest of the floor. I am going to correct this and probably going to add some storage up front. After all this is done, I will install the teak over black EVA foam.

I believe the console in this boat is originally out of a 28ft Mako. The bolsters and bait tank are out of a Hydrasport. When I sit in the bolsters, I can not see over the dash. More than likely, I will have a new leaning post made that is taller.

I replaced the trim tabs when I first got the boat. They are dual actuator Bennett tabs and with a single pump, they are very slow to move. I am either going to add a second pump or change over to electric ones.

I am going to attempt to completely go through the boat and replace anything that is not 100% or needs updating. This is going to be a slow project because my regular job will keep me pretty busy until the middle of May. After that, I will be able to dedicate a lot more time to the boat. As of yesterday, I have the batteries out and got a lot of the old paint off using the pressure washer. If the weather gets a little better today, I am going to try and get the engines completely disconnected and ready to remove.

Attachments

• Home_resize.jpg
    Home_resize.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 783
  • Motor_resize.jpg
    Motor_resize.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 783
Looks like a fun project. Keep us posted with pictures and updates. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still have crappy weather so I spent a little time in on the CNC. My battery switches were behind one of the panels on the transom. It worked but blocked access behind the panel. I made a new hatch and remade the battery switch panel for the single engine. This compartment is going between the two panes on the transom.

Attachments

• Hatch152622_resize.jpg
    Hatch152622_resize.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 725
  • Battery Switches_resize.jpg
    Battery Switches_resize.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 725
Had some good weather and got the old engines disconnected ready to take off and got all of the old rigging removed. I got the hydraulic thru hull fittings swapped over for the single engine. My steering ram came in and I got it put on the new engine.

Attachments

• old engines_resize.jpg
    old engines_resize.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 697
  • Rigging_resize.jpg
    Rigging_resize.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 697
  • Steering Ram_resize.jpg
    Steering Ram_resize.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 697
I'll be interested to see how you might be able to hand a single engine on a twin-engine bracket. I suppose that you can cut some of the existing braces and re-weld.

GoodChance":zbqs9nfy said:
I'll be interested to see how you might be able to hand a single engine on a twin-engine bracket. I suppose that you can cut some of the existing braces and re-weld.

I seriously considering using a hydraulic Porta Bracket.

I took a deposit on the old engines this weekend and the guy is supposed to pick them up today or tomorrow. All of my electronics are now out of the boat along with the helm pump, doing some serious cleanup under the console. I got a new fuse box and switches to use. I got the dashed scanned digitally so I can fill holes and make a panel to start fresh with where everything is going.

The old engines are gone. Good thing I am not in a huge hurry, I have not decided what I am going to do about an engine bracket yet.

My options are:

1. Use the original bracket. I checked and there are supports and gussets directly behind where the single engine would be mounted so it shouldn't be a problem. This would be the easiest route and the cheapest route but it is a single engine on a twin engine bracket.

2. Get a new single engine bracket. Not too expensive but more work that just using the original bracket.

3. Get a new hydraulic porta bracket. Very expensive at over $4K but I think I would be really happy with it. I have a buddy that has a twin engine porta bracket that he is willing to sell much cheaper than I could get a new single bracket. I could make that work if I went that way but again, its a single engine on a twin engine bracket.

The console was pretty dirty so while the wiring is out of the way, I put a coat of paint inside the console.

I am having a new leaning post made up, its supposed to be ready in 2 weeks. It will be nice to be able to sit and see over the console.

Attachments

• 20190314_174459_resize.jpg
    20190314_174459_resize.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 614
Played on the computer for a while figuring out how I was going to place my electronics since im making new dash panels and came up with this. Ill probably cut these this week sometime.

Attachments

• Dash Preview.JPG
    Dash Preview.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 599
Got to put in some time today and got the dash panels cut and installed. I got the engine harness pulled and started putting all the wiring back together.

Attachments

• 20190316_151713_resize.jpg
    20190316_151713_resize.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 622
I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel with the wiring. Been working on it for the past couple of days.

Attachments

• 20190319_160310_resize.jpg
    20190319_160310_resize.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 598
That’s some very clean/neat wiring. Excellent work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. Need to tie up a couple more things and the wiring is complete. I got the batteries put in yesterday. I was able to check all the electronics and everything works as advertised.

I have will be using the current bracket for now. If I decide I want to use a porta bracket, I will do that after the summer. I am hoping to get the engine hung soon. I should have all new filters/fluids/anodes and water pump kits by the end of the week.

Had some really nice weather today so I decided to get the engine installed. I did connect it briefly to tilt it a little, the gauges came right up on my Simrad. I have hundred hour kit should be here Monday. I hope to get her cranked soon after.

My new leaning post is supposed to be ready sometime next week, Im looking forward to getting that.

Attachments

• 20190322_154935_resize.jpg
    20190322_154935_resize.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 522
  • 20190322_161107_resize.jpg
    20190322_161107_resize.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 524
  • 20190322_161055_resize.jpg
    20190322_161055_resize.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 524
My wife and I have been working on getting all of the old paint off of the floor (turning out to be a huge undertaking). The old seat and bait tank is out and I picked up the new leaning post yesterday. It is 5 inches narrower and five inches taller at the seat so I can actually sit and see over the dash. I have moved the big yeti cooler from the front of the boat and it will now stay behind the leaning post as another seat.

I got my 100 hour kit yesterday too. I will probably get the fluids, filters, water pump and plugs changed and crank the engine.

I think I am going to have to have someone with a computer set the engine position. The gauges come up, but the engine gauges show a port side engine and I don't have any engine data being displayed.

Attachments

• 20190325_182537_resize.jpg
    20190325_182537_resize.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 504
  • 20190325_182519_resize.jpg
    20190325_182519_resize.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 504
Brent":23opowdh said:
Do you have a rigging manual?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do and as far as I can tell it spot on. I have a couple more things to do in the console. I will go through the engine connections again then.

Today I got the water pump changed and lower unit installed, the fuel filter changed, oil changed, spark plugs changed, anodes changed, and gear case oil changed. I have still not figured out why my engine information is not displaying. When I try and crank the engine, I can hear the fuel pump turn on like it supposed to and the engine will turn over but its not starting. I checked all of the fuses and all of my wiring but I am about of ideas. I think I am in need of a Yamaha mechanic and hoping its just something I have over looked.

Back