My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts in primer.

100_5138_zpsbc2c0cf0.jpg

Nice work.
The cleat to keep the chain and rode off the pulpit was a nice touch. 8)

It's hard to tell from the pix angles, but the chain /rope will run about 1 1/2in to 2in higher than the clete.

The clete is there to make a straight pull on the boat. I've done all my pulpits like this. i also explains the height of the pod for the windless.

I have meet my goal. The boat is finished for now and ready to go in the drystack. Theres only one problem. The WIND.

It's blowing a steady 21MPH and Gusting to 27MPH. :cry:

Here is the Anchor Locker bubble installed.

100_5154_zps78066fcc.jpg

100_5155_zps7b0f0d18.jpg

600ft of 1/2in & 25ft of 1/4in G4 Chain.

100_5156_zps16319d0b.jpg

You will note the anchor flukes sticking up. Yes it looks dangerous and unorthodox, but if you launch off a trailer you need all the clearance you can get from the winch post. So I turn the flukes up. I'll turn them down after it stays in the Drystack.

100_5157_zpsc13e7e8b.jpg

And here you can see the true angle of the chain with the windless on that pod. Clearance for the clete and no rubbing on the pulpit.

100_5158_zpsa4ebc87c.jpg

warthog5":1btwdywa said:
Here is the Anchor Locker bubble installed.

600ft of 1/2in & 25ft of 1/4in G4 Chain.
They must have made the anchor lockers smaller on that model or that year? The anchor locker on my '92 vintage 2520 looks identical, as in only 1/2 full, with the same amount of rode and chain.

Looks great, can't wait to hear about performance reports with that 300!

Oh, I checked my install, my 250hp is mounted on the 2nd hole from the top and I plan to raie her one hole. Thing is, on my Suzi mounting holes, there's no slots, so I need the yard's backhoe to raise it ...

Very nice work Bobby.
The upgrades you've done since getting that boat have really made her special.

Good luck... now go fishing! :D

Thing is, on my Suzi mounting holes, there's no slots, so I need the yard's backhoe to raise it ...

And it has 5 holes......Upper & Lower mounting. Yamaha's only have 4.

Back