My '95 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! Beating myself up! Up & Down--Up & Down a ladder all day.

I've been pushing this to be in a Mardi Gras Prade this next Saturday.....It's not gonna happen. :(

Things like "Special" hyd fittings for the steering....Yes Special, because I want the hoses at a certain angle coming out of the lower helm and not hogging all the room in there. Oh sure....I could just hook them up........NOT good enough!

The boat has to go back to the dealer for them to put their computer on it and tell the ECM that...."Hey....You have a 2nd station now."

Parts were painted today. Hand rail NEW holes were filled today.....Yes the hand rails on the top were moved outboard. In fact.....The only thing that was NOT moved was the GPS antenna.

If a tower shop had installed it.. It would have been....Drill a hole...or should I say "Hack" a hole, because they don't take the time to step drill holes and get clean cut holes. Then hog the Balsa core out back from the hole....Then tape the hole and backfill with Epoxy/Cabisol mix.....Then redrill the hole. Then mount the part and bed it.

Nope it would have been drill the hole 5200....Or so they say...I've seen different. and slap it together.

Details.....Details.....Details......It All takes TIME! Time is $$$$$ But if you want it to last...You do it.

Made some progress today. Didn't make the Mardi Gras boat parade, but joined the party @ Flora-Bama around 2:30.

But we finally got everything bolted down and sealed. It's just Soooooooo much detail work.

Overboring holes. Digging out extra Balsa Core. Back filling with Epoxy/Cabisol mix and then redrilling the holes.

Everything on the roof was removed and moved. Except where I had installed the GPS antenna.

The hand rails were moved outboard and bolted at the overhang lip. VHF antenna was remounted on the Port side. A bunch of alum plates were sanded, Primed and painted with Awlgrip Eggshell White.

A new Grab rail was built and installed along the aft bulkhead. Another week and it should be done....Weather providing. 60% chance tomorrow.

Wiring, hyd hook ups and off to the dealer for programing.

Pix's tomorrow.

Well first decent day we had in a few days.

100_5744_zpsc60a751d.jpg

100_5745_zps746186d9.jpg

Moved the Horn button and installed a Remote for the Fusion radio.

100_5746_zpsc9cf9a30.jpg

100_5748_zpsde9bdeb2.jpg

The Tach has a Angled Bezel on it.

100_5746_zpsc9cf9a30.jpg

Wedges were added to straighten up the VHF antenna.

100_5750_zps11a23e32.jpg

Still more wiring and hyd's to do.

Looking good, Is there something special about the controls from the stock binnacles? I wonder if they are available for the 90A models.

Oyster":2igv97ke said:
Looking good, Is there something special about the controls from the stock binnacles? I wonder if they are available for the 90A models.

The answer is No.........The new DF-250AP and all the DF-300's all have Fly-By - Wire....No others do.

Electric finished in the Crows Nest Box. Horn button @ both stations.

100_5752_zps374ac3d2.jpg

Here is something we had done while at the tower shop. Backing plates painted Awlgrip Eggshell White.

100_5753_zpscbe64993.jpg

100_5754_zps9616dbb0.jpg

100_5755_zps591e5e85.jpg

Whats the purpose of the grab rail under the PH? Looks like a head ache waiting to happen for us tall people.

miky2884":3goazomg said:
Whats the purpose of the grab rail under the PH? Looks like a head ache waiting to happen for us tall people.

It's curved above the top of the door frame, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Hell I've hit my head on the top of the door frame opening a bunch of time's...The grab bar is higher than that. I'm only 5'-6".

But the real reason is my partner has a bad left knee and has trouble putting his full weight on it when steeping down or climbing a ladder.

The real reason for me is to hang Bikini tops on it. :D

warthog5":2t2t329a said:
The real reason for me is to hang Bikini tops on it. :D

My guess is that your fishing partner will appreciate that. :wink:

Warthog,
Just read through this entire post. Incredible job. I like that big cockpit deck hatch the most and for me would be the most practical. I'm due to change out bilge pump and some other items down there next year and think I'll do this. Love to have that much more space to play around in. Thank You for your time and effort to post all of it. Great Job.

Thank You.

Well It's ready to go to the dealer for Programing....But there is a problem. They have a Cat boat in there getting 2- DF- 300AP's and they promised that the boat would be ready this weekend....I don't blame them, I just need 1 hr to get me going.

They will try to squeeze me in, but it's looking like next Monday. :(

Weather here today is 75deg in the shade.

Back