my reverse is very poor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam3

Reaction score
I have a 2310 with225 ox66 runs great but reverse has very poor response in forward its great would a 4 blade prop be better in reverse :?:

Have you tried trimming the OB up before backing down?

I have a 2310 also with a bracket. I have a 250 with a four blade on it. I have found as Dale has mentioned that you have to have the motor trimmed up alot. I had a 3 blade before the 4 blade and it makes no difference, the key is the trim. I also have realized that you have to give it a pretty fair amount of gas to get it to slow up and start heading in the opposite direction. I really take it slow around docks and other boats in tight quarters. Trimming the motor up helps tremendously though.

The reason why you need to trim the engine up is if you don't you are just pushing water against your transom. So you are basically pushing against a brick wall. When you trim the engine up, you are pushing water UNDER the boat giving you thrust and manuverability. Anytime I enter a harbor, I'll trim the engine up to avoid rocks and for emegency reverse.

I have trimed up with some improvement I will try trimming even more im in the marimac river with a very strong current thanx for all the response

FWIW anytime, as in ANY ... when I am moving at headway speeds, I always trim the motor up & out.

Not only does this position the OB for the best thrust when in reverse, but it significantly improves your headway speed MPG/fuel efficiency, as in I'll realize a good 20% or MORE improvement, when the OB lower unit is up higher than the bottom of the hull or thereabouts. As verified by a fuel computer.

Just trim her up so you still get good water flow and you'll be all set!

I am SOOO glad that I found this post. I just took a sea trial on a 2320 and when we hit reverse the boat shuddered and I thought response was terrible. I know the sales guy who I took the ride with had the motor trimmed all the way down at the time and this makes perfect sense. Glad I read this as that was my only concern with the boat. Otherwise, loved it.

Back