Need advice on an older 23 Parker cc with twin 150s

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keepin it reel

Reaction score
I'm looking for an offshore boat for fairly cheap. I found a 1992 23ft cc Parker with twin mercury black max 150s. I've never seen a 23 parker with twins, is that too much weight on the transom? Any opinions as this being my first offshore boat would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The present day 23DV CC shows they can be had with a single 225 or 250 outboard.
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_l ... p?boatid=2

The 23 SE shows 150, 200, and 225 power.
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_l ... p?boatid=8

The first thing I would do is to call the factory with your HIN and see if records exist as to how she was originally built. I would also find out which hull you are looking at (SE or DV).

That boat could have been specially optioned with twins for commercial use or for public safety, both of which are not bound by the CG horsepower ratings many boats carry.

Since the boat is wearing a pair of Black Max's, even with twins it probably not all that heavy, but that would be a question best answered by the factory.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, it helped a lot. I'll be sure to contact the factory once I go look at the boat in person and get the HIN. I do have another question though, I've been looking at newer 2 stroke motors to possibly repower down the road and I've noticed that all of them are quite a bit heavier than thr black maxs. Do you think the boat would be able to handle say twin 150 hpdis?

I'm a novice with parker boats. I live in morehead city, nc and have always admired all the parkers here. I would love to join the parker family, they are beautiful boats.

keepin it reel":2p2eztpw said:
Do you think the boat would be able to handle say twin 150 hpdis?

Again, that is a question better answered by the factory once you find out if the hull is an MV or a DV.
The amount of weight she can handle will be determined by the hull type, and whether she is a bracketed or a notch transom.

Hopefully factory records exist of that HIN to answer many of your questions.

i'd be most concerned about taking a pair of blackmax's offshore .... those buggers are finnicky about starting, never had great luck with them (well, once they started they ran literally forever) ...

300hp sounds like a towboat build to me - thats a lot of iron for a little boat - even the heavy as hell gradys in that size are singles usually

Back