Need Help, 2320 or a 2520??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyk9

Reaction score
Will be looking to purchase a used 2320 or 2520 early this year and looking for some help.

I've been doing my homework and from what I can tell all 2320's have the 21 degree DV hull and the 2520's vary from 16 degrees on the modified hull to 21 with the DV.

I also understand the 2320's prior to 2006 had the fuel tank more aft and four stroke power may not be ideal for this?

I have seen some 2520 with a full transom and some with the open transom, also is there an easy way to know if the 2520 model is a modified or DV if the ad does not state it?

Appreciate any feedback you can all give me, thanks!

If there is 1 lifting strake it's a mod v...2 lifting strakes deep v... mod v also has a v look at the bottom of the transom and deep v has a flat area at the bottom of the transom..

2520 xl is 16 mod v and 21 deep v. But the older 2520 can be 14 degree mod v..

Also consider the width as 2320 has a 8.6 beam and 2520 has a 9.6 beam. 2520 and up needs a permit to be trailered. The width is nice though.

Thanks everyone, no need to trailer boat will be wet slipped.

The extra foot of beam on the 2520 is nice, my main concern is I want to DV hull.

Looking through various ads if it is not stated whether it is a DV or modified it is hard to tell.

Have a very local 2320 available with a 4S Yamaha, not sure what year or what size motor. Place has been closed for the holidays.

Where are you located?
I have a 2520 full transom 225 Yamaha four stroke for sale.

miky2884":2mfc1esx said:
Where are you located?
I have a 2520 full transom 225 Yamaha four stroke for sale.

Long Island, I've looked at your 2520. Very nice boat, local, prefer Yamaha power and love the open back but it's a little above what I am looking to spend right now.

Have any performance stats with the 225?

If the decision is deep vee or mod.vee the type of boating you do is a major factor. If you want to be making long runs in all kinds of weather the deep vee is most likely your best choice.

If you can pick your days and stay near shore the mod vee is lighter,more economical,very stable, and better in shallow areas. Look at yamahas performance bullitins for good info on all parker models.

The 2320's seem to be less common also so you may pay more for that model vs some others.

I can tell you the 9'6" beam on the 2520XLD makes a big difference. I have a single 300 on mine and the boat works for me. Fee free to ask questions.

Would this be correct?

SL/XL = Modified V
SLD/XLD = Deep V

Hardest thing I am finding when searching ads in the exact model and dead rise, only looking for a deep v boat.

willyk9":44iecse1 said:
Will be looking to purchase a used 2320 or 2520 early this year and looking for some help.

I've been doing my homework and from what I can tell all 2320's have the 21 degree DV hull and the 2520's vary from 16 degrees on the modified hull to 21 with the DV.

I also understand the 2320's prior to 2006 had the fuel tank more aft and four stroke power may not be ideal for this?

I have seen some 2520 with a full transom and some with the open transom, also is there an easy way to know if the 2520 model is a modified or DV if the ad does not state it?

Where do you plan on fishing?
I have the 2320 and I fish Montauk regularily, and this boat is great.
We are off Block and offshore often and this boat can handle a lot and is very dry.
Also the 2320 is a deep V.

Hope this helps

Makoman232":lkq1ge8a said:
willyk9":lkq1ge8a said:

Where do you plan on fishing?
I have the 2320 and I fish Montauk regularily, and this boat is great.
We are off Block and offshore often and this boat can handle a lot and is very dry.
Also the 2320 is a deep V.

Hope this helps

This and all the feedback have been very helpful, I fish the western south shore mainly within 10 miles from the beach but do like to make a 40 mile offshore trip a few times a year. If you are fishing Montauk and Block I would feel very comfortable out my way most days.

My observation, mv 2520 out number dv 10:1 on the used market. No trailer in the picture, I would go 2520, it all about the beam, 9-6 is much nicer offshore. Go dv for offshore use. Big advantage the 2320 has over the 2520dv is fuel economy and trailers easier.

samsims":3q32l7re said:
My observation, mv 2520 out number dv 10:1 on the used market. No trailer in the picture, I would go 2520, it all about the beam, 9-6 is much nicer offshore. Go dv for offshore use. Big advantage the 2320 has over the 2520dv is fuel economy and trailers easier.

Agree 100%, more like 20:1 mv to dv on the 25's. No need to trailer so the 25 would be ideal but right now seems to be a few more 23's around so may go with that. Can always keep looking for a 25.

A friend of mine has the MV 25 and I was not happy with the ride.
I agree there are less DV 25s out there but in my opinion it's worth the wait to get the right hull. My 2320 is a DV and am very happy.

I love the DV 25, but I trailer so the 23 was a better chose for me.

Either choice you make, you will have a great boat.

Good luck

FWIW, I have a 2320, and I'm very happy with it. I fish out up to 40 miles one day, and the next I might be in back rivers and channels in some pretty skinny water. The boat drafts less than two feet, so it is a very versatile fishing platform. Also, I Tend to fish alone frequently, and docking and anchoring is manageable even in heavy current and wind. So it really depends on how you will be using her, and how often. I was tempted to go larger, but I know I wouldn't have fished as often as I do now. Good luck to you.

I have a 2320 I fish Lake Erie I have fished 0-2' 1'-3' 2'-4- 3'-5' 5'-7' have motored through 6'-9' she will take it . Waves on Erie can be 3'-10' apart sow it can get brutal.
#1 nothing smaller than 225hp I tried a 200hp just not enough umph
#2 there is 3square feet of difference of deck space 23vs25
#3 9'6" is not that big of a deal I rode on 9'6" vs 8'6"
#4 price 20k-30k more for 1'w 2'l not worth it
I bought new so average $25k is a lot of equiptment you can buy, used is a different subject
Now for some good news 2011 2320sl F225 4stroke 3800-4100 rpm 25-27 mph about 10-11gph depending on waves. Plenty of room for 4 people to fish, pilot house is cool with windows open 80-90deg warm when it's chilly out. I think a 2320sl would suit your needs, I fish alone so docking is not a issue. I keep my boat in water all seaon I tow in the spring and fall. I figure my rig with everything included 7400# I tow with a Ram 1500 eco diesel no problem there, 26.6mpg.
This is my story and I am sticking to it :D

WAJSKI":1ivc3dke said:
I have a 2320 I fish Lake Erie I have fished 0-2' 1'-3' 2'-4- 3'-5' 5'-7' have motored through 6'-9' she will take it . Waves on Erie can be 3'-10' apart sow it can get brutal.
#1 nothing smaller than 225hp I tried a 200hp just not enough umph
#2 there is 3square feet of difference of deck space 23vs25
#3 9'6" is not that big of a deal I rode on 9'6" vs 8'6"
#4 price 20k-30k more for 1'w 2'l not worth it
I bought new so average $25k is a lot of equiptment you can buy, used is a different subject
Now for some good news 2011 2320sl F225 4stroke 3800-4100 rpm 25-27 mph about 10-11gph depending on waves. Plenty of room for 4 people to fish, pilot house is cool with windows open 80-90deg warm when it's chilly out. I think a 2320sl would suit your needs, I fish alone so docking is not a issue. I keep my boat in water all season I tow in the spring and fall. I figure my rig with everything included 7400# I tow with a Ram 1500 eco diesel no problem there, 26.6mpg.
This is my story and I am sticking to it :D

A lot of excellent points and typical of the conditions I deal with in the Northeast. Made a decision and have an accepted offer with deposit on a 2008 2320 w/ 250 Yamaha 4s under 100 hours on bracket, no trailer but don't need one. Has only the basic gps/ff and a radio but now I will be able to make it the way I want. Will open a new thread if all goes well with some additions I am going to do.

- Add rod holders.
- Add live well, have marina adding pump. Looking for an oval 35-40 gallon prefer higher than lower that I can add a bait board to the top of and place in center of deck.
- Add another ff/gps that is radar capable, will add dome in the future.

Thanks for everyone's input, 25 or a 28 maybe one day in the future.

I have a 2014 2320 pilot house with a single Yamaha 250. I'm glad I chose the 2320 for the deep V. I keep the Parker at my salt water dock. I have had many boats but this one has been the best.

I have all the bells and whistles - radar, gps, sounder, marine radio, rod holders (on the roof of the pilot house), windless with the Calif bow, center bait tank, rear seat and the pilot seat with the shock and other extras I can't even remember. I'm 69 years old and this will be my final boat and glad I chose a 2320 Parker

It runs great in a following see and takes waves beautifully.

I live in Calif and my home is in Cannel Islands Harbor. Fished all locations in the channel from Ventura to Malibu also at Anacapa and Santa Cruz Islands many times. The Islands are about 10 miles out The channel can be extremely rough but my 2320 handles the seas excellent. Myself, I'm glad I have the deep V for the area.

There are many cargo ships in the channel and I have learned the hard way to give them plenty and I mean plenty of space. Been over the top of a few wakes and taken hard landings and the Parker was unbelievable and took them fantastically. One time the Parker dealer in the area was following me to the Islands in another Parker and could not believe how hard I took a cargo ship wave and how fantastic my boat responded. He still laughts about it.

I know that you will be happy with either the 2320 or the 2520. I justed wanted to give you my two cents.

Bruno Tonin

Back