Need help from fisherman for my son's science fair project!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock On!

Reaction score
My 13 year old son is doing his 8th grade Science Fair Project on how the moon phases affect fishing success and when are the worst and best times to fish around the lunar cycle. He really would like some input he can use for his reserch on this topic, especially from charter or pleasure fishing captains. Any help any of you guys could throw his way would be greatfully appreciated. This is his 5th fishing based topic project and he is an avid fisherman. Also if you give us information that we could use as a source that is personal could you please give your name and title and location. If you wish to PM it or email it that would be fine. My email is [email protected] Thanks for any help!

There is a ton of info on stripers247.com. I would also pm on that board Roccus, he is the man when it comes to this

JD

Not the least bit scientific, but I've always had my worst luck fishing during a full moon cycle.
My theory is that they feed under the light of the moon at night, and just aren't interested during the daylight hours.

Megabyte":2c06rq7g said:
Not the least bit scientific, but I've always had my worst luck fishing during a full moon cycle.
My theory is that they feed under the light of the moon at night, and just aren't interested during the daylight hours.
Ditto on the full moon cycle as I fish daylight hours vs. night time. In my log I have maintained for years My best times for inshore stripers is 3days before 1st quarter moon and 3-4 days after first quarter moon. I have mixed results for the new moon cycle.

Megabyte":3u8ebmpo said:

When it comes to stripers i agree ,fishing during the day with a full moon phase has been dismal for me.I always plan my trips before or after the full moon.

Back