Need some advice about my float on trailer and 21se parker.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 21se parker sitting on a aluminum float on Load Master trailer.Both are new.The bunks on the trailer come out 4 inches past the transom.Meaning the bunks are sitting on the trim tabs.Buddy told me that I shouldnt have bunks on trim tabs in case at a later time for some reason they dont retract automatically I could have big problems.Which I understand.Also screws in trim tabs can tear carpet on bunks,and think trim tabs actually stick out just a bit below the hull.Meaning the bunks are actually sitting on trim tabs.I can move the crank to the trailer back 11 inches{as far as I can go],which would just clear the trim tabs not sitting on the bunks,but the transom hanging over the bunks by 7 inches.Just concerned about cupping and stress with transom not fully supported on bunks.Thanks for the input in advance!

Adjust - Adjust - Adjust

Your buddy is correct.... A tab can be bent..... Plus it looks bad. :) Did I say that? Yep. :)

The bunks sit on top of the lower bolts that hold the bunks and the top bolts go thru the bunks. So only one hole per bracket needs to be redrilled.

The lower bolts will need the be loosened.... The top bolts removed.

On a 21...... Hell I can do that in the driveway with the boat on it. one side at a time.

Just slide the bunks forward till they are even with the transom , then redrill the top bolt holes thru the bunks.

You will not believe how many trailers could use some adjusting to get them right for the boat they carry. And that people put up with misadjusted trailers.

Usually because they don't know.

Thought by posting a couple pics it might be easier to get what I mean.The bunks were passed transom and sitting on trim tabs.I moved the crank on the trailer toward the rear,which pushed the boat back,off the trim tabs.The boat sits fine on trailer and now,off the trim tabs,but last 7 inches of boat isnt supported by bunks.Concerned about cupping and stress on transom.

Attachments

• IMG_2744.JPG
    IMG_2744.JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2753.JPG
    IMG_2753.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 197
Did you just buy this boat new? If so, I would be having the dealer make the adjustments. Anyway, if you just slide the boat back on the trailer you run the risk of your trailer being out of load balance. Doing what Wart said is probably the better option as you need to have your load properly positioned over your trailer axles. If this is not correct your trailer may not tow very well and axles could be even overloaded, especially if it's a tandem. Take a pic of the set up from the side so we can see the whole boat on the trailer.

The pix's you have are good, but need more. Need pix's straight from a$$ end.

Is there a Strake built in to the bottom of that hull? Bunks may need to be widened ? That will lower the boat. Boat may be to low then and taller bunks may be needed ?

Can't tell without good pix's.

It looks deceiving as I had ordered the trailer with and extra 2' added to the tongue as to keep my truck tires no where near the water.

I would imagine that the boat's center of gravity is around where the "P" is on the Parker decal. Shouldn't that be closer to being centered over the front/rear tires?

Back