Need Some Advice on Anchor size for 2320 PH

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEEP POCKETS

Reaction score
Recently purchased 2320 PH and need to buy an anchor, chain and anchor line. I mostly will be anchoring in 15-40 feet of water for stripers.

What would you recommend for the weight of the anchor, length and kind of chain and thickness and length of anchor line?

Thanks!!

John

I have a 2320ph with a Lewmar 700 windlass I use 1/2"x 220' 8 plait, 30' 1/4" chain and a FX11 Fortress anchor. I have anchored in 3'/5' waves 40' water no problem

14lb Lewmar plow, 20ft. of 1/4" G4 chain, and 300ft. of 8plait. Oh yes, and don't forget to get a swivel instead of a shackle. It's extra insurance against line twists.

20ft. of 1/4" G4 chain

When a windless is involved.....and I assume it is, as 1/4in chain is fairly light weight and a windless would call for 1/4in G4 or BBB chain.

I use the length of the boat to gauge the length of the chain.

Brent":m4gknmko said:
John

Where do you use your boat?

Anchor selection will vary between geographical regions and type of bottom—mud, grass, sand, coral or rock.

I have a delta and boat around Charlotte Harbor, FL where the bottom is mostly sand

Brent - I will be using the boat in Cape May NJ area and anchoring up in Delaware Bay fishing for stripers and black drum. Bottom is mostly mud but some sandy bottom too.

I had a 21 dual console previously and thought I would possibly need heavier anchor and chain. Let me know your thoughts and thanks...

John

I have 1/2" brait w/ 25' 5/16 chain and if I did it all over I would have gone with a slightly larger diameter on the brait simply because it would be easier on the hands if no windlass is involved. You'll love how nicely the brait piles in the locker. Originally I used a Fortress FX-11 which held to sand bottom like it was welded there but if it landed on grass it would foul and not hold. Also rocks/ledges will hurt it if lots of force is used to free it. To their credit Fortress has been great about supplying replacement parts free. Currently I have a 14? lb Delta which bites through grass covered bottom with ease, seems to be the best all-around for my conditions. For strictly rocky bottom I love my mighty-mite.

Back