New 23' DVCC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcmcclellan

Reaction score
Finalizing the sale next week. Like the new console having a head but wish they didn;t delete the electronics box and the console "glove" box. Lots of room for flush mounting. Got it with all the options . Powered with a 250. Having a Raymarine 55 vhf installed, going to use my Furuno 620ff with Airmar B60 and trying to find a decent used gps until I can afford a new big screen Garmin or Furuno. Spring can't come fast enough!!

If you don't mine me asking,how much for this new CC DV with the new console ?

Robert Cibran
2006 2300 CC DV/250 HP

Congratulations on the new ride!
Please consider posting a couple of photos after you take delivery. There has been a lot of interest in that new console... :wink:

Great looking! I wasn't a huge fan of the new console, but it looks great on your boat.

We gonna see you on Stelwagen this summer?

Congrats and welcome aboard!

Did you get it at Riverfront? Where are you keeping the boat, or are you going to trailer?

I'm on the M'Mack as well.

-- Tom

went out today for a shake down cruise. Full tank of fuel, me and the two kids. Did a couple hours of slow break in cruising then gave it some throttle to see what it would do. It runs right up to around 45 at 6000 rpms but feels like a pig below 4000. Needs about 3800 to plane out nice. Played with the tabs and they didn't make much difference. Have one of the black Yamaha three blades on it. Think its 15 x 17. Boat seemed fairly dry. Only got sprayed once. Next time out its fishin time.

If the prop is all you want to change, then a Mercury Rev 4 17p will solve the issues at the lower rpms. You'll still be at 6k WOT and the boat will plane easily around 20 mph. Will help the tab efficiency a little but not much.

jcmcclellan":3c1ug9wm said:
It runs right up to around 45 at 6000 rpms but feels like a pig below 4000. Needs about 35 ish to plane out nice. Played with the tabs and they didn't make much difference.

Upsizing your tabs would help quite a bit getting her up and out of the water, but speed-to-plane and fuel economy is simply deep vee physics at work.
You'll find lots of information in the Projects section regarding trim tab upgrades.

..................and if you DON'T want to up-size your tabs or change the prop.........all you really need to do is install a Permatrim on the A/V plate, and the stern of the boat will ride much higher enabling the existing tabs to perform much more efficiently.

Permatrim=$136

New tabs=$250-$600 (depending on how you do it)

New Merc Rev 4 17p=$450

I did all three, with Permatrim installed last.......should have done it first.

Went out for a few hours today. Second time I've had the boat out.
I'm loving my Parker!! Went from an 18' Lund Alaskan with 75 hp to this beast. When I hit the rough stuff in the Lund the boys would cry. Now they tell me to go faster. Christened the boat with its first fish. Got a small cod on a mackerel jig at breaking rock.

Back