New 2510 Walkaround

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pdksr

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions regarding tackle storage for my new 2510 Walkaround. Thinking about trying to install a pre- made cabinet or drawer set on the port side just inside the cabin. Maybe cut the bunk cushion and have it sit on the bunk and attach to the bulkhead. Any suggestions as to where to get a cabinet and or experience with other type of closed tackle storage for the 2510?

Here are a few things I've added to my 2007 2510. The shelf is made of plywood and painted. It can hold 4 6'6" trolling rods underneath. The cabinet is also plywood with a small tray area on top to hold misc things. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• boat shelf (sml).jpg
    boat shelf (sml).jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 688
  • boat shelf 2 (sml).jpg
    boat shelf 2 (sml).jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 688
  • boat shelf 3 (sml).jpg
    boat shelf 3 (sml).jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 688
  • Tackle storage (sml).jpg
    Tackle storage (sml).jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 688
Re Cape Cod Frank.

Mr. Frank, I really like that shelf. What thickness of wood is that? I have a 2310, which is 8.5 beam, and therefore not as wide in the bow.

Regardless, I could utilize the space with the shelf. How do you faster the shelf? Do you have to go through the hull? Or is there enough meat to faster with wood screws?

If so what lenght wood screws did you use, and how far apart?

The shelf is made of 1/2" plywood with 3/4" pine on the front and underside. It is about 18" wide. I started by making a template of 1/8" masonite that just fit resting on the top of the hull. It is a matter of shaping the template to follow the curve of the hull and getting it flush with the wall of the boat that contains the anchor locker. Not difficult, just a lot of trial and error. Once I got the template, I cut the 1/2" plywood and trimmed out the front with 2 1/4 x 3/4" pine to form a 1" lip on the top face of the plywood, and about 3/4 " below the plywood. I added some additional 3/4" pine on the underside of the shelf, and about a 3" wide piece of pine to the bow side of the shelf that attaches to the anchor locker wall. You can see this piece above the anchor locker hatch. I screwed through this piece to attach the shelf to that anchor locker wall, above the hatch. The shelf is not attached to the hull, and just rests on the curve of the hull.

Hope this is clear. If not, please let me know any questions you may have. I find the shelf very useful in and of itself, and the rod storage works pretty well.

I got it.....very good work, and as I figured, it has to be massaged into place.

Unfortunately, in the short period of time I have owned my 2310, I realize I have a problem...............I want a 2510......... :D ...Lovely looking boat you have there.

Thanks. The 2510 is a great boat. I've been very happy with it, both from a capacity and a performance standpoint. I boat on Buzzards Bay on Cape Cod and the SW wind and the Cape Cod Canal can often conspire to make conditions interesting. Anyway, good luck with the shelf project.

I have a 2510. Made a nice cabinet on the Starb side in the Cabin. Can send pics in a week or so. You can come see near LBI. Call me Mike (973) 219-0214

I can Probably get them up some time next week.

Back