New boat, no anchor chocks???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phumb

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just picked up a 2006 21' SE... Really liking most everything about it but this one issue is really bothering me... How can there be no anchor chocks?? I'm assuming if at anchor the bow light would get ripped right off? Makes no sense to me?? Obviously its a no pulpit model.. Has anyone installed them? or another possible solution I cant think of? how the heck did you reach under there to secure nuts on inside? Thanks for any help on this... I did do a search but didnt find much

In case I'm using the wrong terminology, I mean the line chocks for the anchor, not to secure the anchor

These are not mine but same situation

Attachments

• img_07414.jpg
    img_07414.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 366
  • 21-SE.gif
    21-SE.gif
    22.5 KB · Views: 366
  • useta6ed.jpg
    useta6ed.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 366
You don't need a full pulpit to do what you are asking.
You could remove the single light and single bow cleat and install a simple bow anchor roller of the type the factory uses on their pulpits.
Then put on a pair of bow lights and a pair of bow cleats to finish the job.

Here is an example on a 2520 with a pulpit.
Substitute the simple anchor roller (without the pulpit) and do the rest as you see in the photo.

Should be a fairly simple project.

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpg
    IMG_1375.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 333
That's odd that there are no chocks for dock / anchor line. Pick up a 4-6-inch pair of ss skene chocks. Install them about a foot to either side of the cleat in line with the rubrail as far outboard as you can. You should be able to thru-bolt them through the anchor locker lid. be careful, there is a port and starboard chock! here's a link for a pair of chocks:

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/sea-dog- ... oC61zw_wcB

Megabyte":67s03p1m said:
You don't need a full pulpit to do what you are asking.
You could remove the single light and single bow cleat and install a simple bow anchor roller of the type the factory uses on their pulpits.
Then put on a pair of bow lights and a pair of bow cleats to finish the job.

Here is an example on a 2520 with a pulpit.
Substitute the simple anchor roller (without the pulpit) and do the rest as you see in the photo.

Should be a fairly simple project.

Mega, thanks...but I'm not looking for a pulpit or even an anchor roller.. Just some chocks!... Just cant believe there is nothing there... how could you possibly anchor with this setup?

TWOBOATER":2woy5ydn said:
That's odd that there are no chocks for dock / anchor line. Pick up a 4-6-inch pair of ss skene chocks. Install them about a foot to either side of the cleat in line with the rubrail as far outboard as you can. You should be able to thru-bolt them through the anchor locker lid. be careful, there is a port and starboard chock! here's a link for a pair of chocks:

Two, thats probably what i'm going to do, just not sure i'll be able to reach on the thru bolting which I know is obviously better than screwing into the deck which I guess I was hoping someone would say would be ok!... Also, did not know there was a difference in port and starboard chocks!, thanks for heads up!

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/sea-dog- ... oC61zw_wcB

Brent":lc9cvx7p said:
What are the opinions on using pop up cleats?

Pop-ups are good if you need to 'de-barb' for fly fishing, but they are nowhere as strong as a standard 10" Herschoff cleat.

phumb, self-tapping screws are ok for the chocks as the majority of the force is in shear. Just use the largest screw you can and get it into some "meat" on the rail. Use a good adhesive bedding like 52 billion. (3M 5200)

Back