New bracket

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose8420

Reaction score
So here is a new bracket I had custom built for my 2520mv. They should be installing this week. Can’t wait to try it out
73d536c65b9c8c65ca3e70e7c4268ab2.jpg
b0ad56a6a40eca9ca541404863f84125.jpg
29c4d968851ead74fcb3a3897e78ba15.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks very well done. Appears to have a lot of flotation as it looks like it will go close to the keel? My only concern would be the possibility of getting some spray and digging into the water from those side braces? Hopefully it will be enough out of the water that won’t happen. Looking forward to seeing to mounted and rigged pics. Good luck with it.

From the pics it looks very good. Good luck with the installation.

I was concerned with transom when the weight of the 300 yam is 30" back on the bracket so the bracket will extend the planning surface to hopefully help prevent proposing when on step. The floatation when at rest will not quite float the motor and bracket so hopefully the deck still drains. My existing drains will have to be moved since they will be inside the flotation. But I'm hopeful it will all work out so I can get in the water this weekend.

thanks for the comments. I had them color match the paint to the existing hull paint, I think they did a good job, but the true test is when it is mounted.

I haven't looked at the hatch, but it is waterproof.

The Black Piehole is a Armstrong.....That's good......But should have been larger.
Much easier to get your hands in there to mount it.

No Drain in the Bottom. Not good. Should of had a small square of alum 1 1/2in X 1 1/2in X 1/4in welded to the outside toward the transom
Then drilled and taped and a nylon pipe plug installed.

Even if it's watertite [and it should be] it will get water in it and need to be drained at some point. This is due to outside temp changes and it creates moisture in the tub.

It should have been predrilled before painting or Powdercoating.

And it needs 2 then rubber pads glued to the mating surface of where the motors bolt...This will help stop chafing and corrosion.

A rudder zinc attached to the bottom also for protection of corrosion.

Yes....I've been there and done this several times. :)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12419&start=300

The use of Tef Gell paste on fasteners and nylon flat washers under your Stainless flatwashers is a good idea....
All to isolate the stainless from the alum.

Yea, there is a drain plug under the motor mount with a nylon screw plug. The bilge will drain to the bracket so the plug will drain the whole boat. With our humidity and temperature swings here their is always condensation I deal with it a lot in my aluminum fuel tank especially in the winter. I always have water in my tank, but never have fuel in my bilge. I had the bracket fabricated and the fabricator is installing. I will make sure they isolate the stainless and the engine mount. Those are all good ideas. I'll have to look into a zinc, that might be something I install later. I do have two zincs on the motor already. This bracket was not actually powder coated, it is painted. We don't have a powder coater here in Juneau. Didn't want to ship 1000 miles to have it powder coated. I'm hopping to get some touch up paint to repair any marks over time.

Motor(s) should be isolated from the bracket as two different metals will make a electrolysis so another zinc/anode for the bracket is a must. Here you want to make your best judgement when installing to keep the different metals apart your fishing will benefit from it.

I did not powdwecoat mine either. I blasted them and painted with Awlgrip.

As to the drain plug....Yes I see it and it's installed in the Wrong place.
It needs to be on the bottom and right near where the bracket bolts to the transom. That's the Low point.

As it is now.....The plug is higher than the low point in the tub.

I know what they did....It was upside down when being built and they had a Brain Fart where they installed it.

Furthermore.....With the machining not done....[No mounting holes] that will expose the raw metal to the elements
and corrosion begins.

3eda00e94eaa78f11ed2950c87ce93d1.jpg
29bce50790e6e4ad400a9462cbc93139.jpg

Here is an update with the bracket mounted. It’s going to add a lot of space back there.

I do understand concerns with corrosion, but the paint was an ad on. It’s not really there for corrosion protection. I added it so it would look like fiberglass from a distance.

Looks very nice. As you progress keep the pictures coming

With that angle of it mounted on the boat.....You can see thats a BIG tub and that the bottom of the tub is Not running uphill
from the transom like most brackets are....so the plug position will let it drain.

So.....What was the cost of this one?

I had the bracket fabricated locally before the aluminum tariffs, it was about 4200 for the bracket an another 900 for the paint job. Labor here in Juneau is expensive.

shawnee83":j9ym13kx said:
Are you now gong to close in that notch?

I've thought bout it, but I think it would be more work than it is worth. I have never had a wave come over the notch and with the 30" swim step I doubt it will happen now. The notch is very high as notches go so I look at it as easy access to the swim step and more deck space with out an traditional enclosed transom. If I have a problem with it when I run it, I may change my thoughts.

I plan on doing the exact mod when the old ox kicks the bucket. I too was thinking of leaving the notch and not closing it up..

Did you say that the bilge was going to drain into the bracket? That's definitely different. The factory bracket design is not even with the keel such that the factory
bilge plug in the hull is just below the bracket flotation chamber, which is ~2" raised from the hull. You can see this setup in the Parkers at the factory:

I'm not sure if the change is significant, but the standard configuration has the flotation chamber being separate with integrated drain and zinc as has been discussed here. If nothing else you may not be able to get some of the water/moisture out of your bilge while the boat is in the water, as bilge water could get trapped in the flotation chamber. My 2520MV sits such that the water rests in the front bilge, but when underway water definitely travels to the back of the bilge, and in your case that will be all the way back. Just something to think about and observe.

FYI - I have a 300 Etec (little lighter) on a bracket, and my boat has never even thought about porpoising.

Attachments

• Parkerpanoweb.jpg
    Parkerpanoweb.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 564
Back