New bracket

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ludicrous40":mtzy4p4e said:
Did you say that the bilge was going to drain into the bracket? That's definitely different. The factory bracket design is not even with the keel such that the factory
bilge plug in the hull is just below the bracket flotation chamber, which is ~2" raised from the hull. You can see this setup in the Parkers at the factory:

I'm not sure if the change is significant, but the standard configuration has the flotation chamber being separate with integrated drain and zinc as has been discussed here. If nothing else you may not be able to get some of the water/moisture out of your bilge while the boat is in the water, as bilge water could get trapped in the flotation chamber. My 2520MV sits such that the water rests in the front bilge, but when underway water definitely travels to the back of the bilge, and in your case that will be all the way back. Just something to think about and observe.

FYI - I have a 300 Etec (little lighter) on a bracket, and my boat has never even thought about porpoising.

That's good to hear, I know with my Yamaha 300 on the transom, the bow likes to ride high. I was hoping the planning surface would level me out a little without using trim tabs. I was concerned with not only bow rise, but also the overall weight and moment on the transom since my 99 hull was not designed for a bracket. I liked the idea of adding a little dynamic lift at the stern and hope maybe a little efficiency with the longer planning surface. Kind of hope it makes the ride feel more like a 2820 in our steep chop. I also agree that at rest my bilge drains to the bow which is a real problem when its on the trailer and rain gets in to the bilge since the deck is not always self draining. My launch ramps here are very steep, 10-14% so I get to the top of the ramp and pull the plug, it usually gets most of the water out. For a while I don't think the channel between the forward and rear bilges was plugged, but now it seems to be free draining when on step. I may have to move my bilge pump or install a second pump in the bracket to get the last little bit out.

My bilge stays fairly dry while using the boat, except when I pry the cabin shell from the deck at the bow rub rail in 5-6 chop. That's was an experience. The little stainless screws were not enough to hold the two pieces together. We were scoping 10 gallons a wave for another 10 miles before we got out of the weather. It was a good thing my forward bilge was plugged so I did not fill the whole boat. the bilge filled faster than the pump could maintain, we had to use the hand pump to keep up.

For clarification my bow does tend to ride a little high, but it doesn't porpoise like the guys with the smaller Parkers describe. I can use the tabs if I want to hold the bow down in the chop, or for leveling side to side, but I try to run without them for efficiency.

I've thought about installing a permatrim, but haven't found anyone on here that indicated that they put one on the 25'+ parker. Sounds like most are on the smaller boats, unless I missed that.

Just for information...I have a 2015 2510 WA with twin 150's. I put Permatrims on by the 10th hour of use....made a HUGH difference in ride and bow control !

For clarification my bow does tend to ride a little high, but it doesn't porpoise like the guys with the smaller Parkers describe.

They are lacking operator skills.

#1 To much up trim on the motor.
#2 Not enough tab or No tab
#3 Boat loaded wrong....All the weight on the transom area.
#4 To much speed for conditions

warthog5":4t5vcdd4 said:
For clarification my bow does tend to ride a little high, but it doesn't porpoise like the guys with the smaller Parkers describe.

^^^^ This ^^^^

warthog5":1gq9uxzl said:

If you are referring to the operators with porpoising issue here Wart I must disagree most of this with respect to my 2120 at least. As to #1, yes I could drop the trim all the way down while at WOT and mostly stop it but you shouldn’t have to do that. #2 I’ll give you that one, perhaps my larger tabs would have corrected the problem but I did the Permatrim first and it corrected it. It also stopped it from wandering and idle/slow speeds. #3, no. Unless you count my heavy ass F225 then yes. Also, it was worse with a heavy load of fuel, but not because of controllable loads of anything stored in the jump seats. #4 no, mine would Porpoise at WOT running on glass unless I buried the bow by trimming the engine all down. You shouldn’t have to run that way. I can assure you that I’m not lacking in operator skills. I have thousands of hours experience operating power boats with tabs etc, none of them were prone to Porpoise like my 2120. IMO, the 2120 with the heavy 4 strokes are just prone to unusually easy Porpoising. JMO, I’ve been wrong before but I don’t think so on this.

So here is an update.

I got the boat back last night and I hope to get it wet tonight after work.

65091339a48fc0fecfebfbd4a2e135e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took the boat out last night for a spin and the bracket works great. I did notice the engine is mounted maybe two holes too low though the cavitation plate was well below the waterline.
But the boat jumps right up on step and I can hold plan at low speeds without much tabs so I’m happy so far. The self bailing deck still drains so that’s a plus.
a18ae3269d9c36d970eace57983b0be6.jpg

Here is another update:
Took the boat out to the cabin this weekend, about 120mile round trip.
The boat handles great with the new bracket. It did a great job in a 3-4’ following see on the return and I was able to stay on step in a head sea much better than before the bracket. I still need to raise the motor I think two holes so hopefully my economy increases. All in all I really like my new bracket.

fa56bbdefc43ab8d876e9d95bb59b18d.jpg
4dba8b2c24ab5f72e374ea35194c121b.jpg
b9a9e7c13832401174c1100f542b5874.jpg

Bracket looks great. I’m sure that it must be providing good extra floatation based on the design. Pics of your cabin area are spectacular also. Enjoy the summer season.

So I got the boat out again the weekend and had all my electronics working. See photos below, but the bracket has definitely helped me with my fuel efficiency a little bit. Seems like my cruise has increased a few mph’s at the same rpms, I was getting about 2.3-2.5 gph going with the current/ wind and about 2-2.2 going into the wind and a 2’ chop with a lot of tabs. So in all I think I am really happy with the bracket.
2672c579f97f23b47bb761893844ca8d.jpg

8cdbcedb3d3e5c0b22b8d0655a6a9af1.jpg

Back