New Colored Hulls and Logo 2014

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knoxclark3

Reaction score
Yesterday the Parker facebook page posted some pictures from their 2014 models video shoot. What do y'all think?

Attachments

• 993650_533141570056727_2081826001_n.jpg
    993650_533141570056727_2081826001_n.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 778
  • 945789_533144543389763_1986168872_n.jpg
    945789_533144543389763_1986168872_n.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 778
Looking forward to seeing them all in person !
All the colors, that is. :)

Not really my taste either, but I can certainly see why they gave their boats a facelift. Even I can say they're 'old school' in some ways.

Now experienced boaters, like many of us here, who have no reservations to taking a skillsaw, sawzall, and fiberglass/epoxy to our boats, even if/when brand new, LOVE them for their ruggedness, utilitarian use and modification potential!

But walk the aisles at the boat shows and you’ll see Centurys, Bluefins, EdgeWaters, et al, et al, all with a bit more panache or flashy curb appeal that the 'old' Parker styling.

And let’s face it, when a woman is involved in the decision, she wants what visually stimulates her. I’ve seen sellers trying to sell a boat, the husband wants it, but the wife doesn’t … and when pressed … she thought it was dirty!

DaleH":38b9i9n3 said:
And let’s face it, when a woman is involved in the decision, she wants what visually stimulates her. I’ve seen sellers trying to sell a boat, the husband wants it, but the wife doesn’t … and when pressed … she thought it was dirty!

Well, the day the Admiral and I went to go look at my 2520, she was more than a little dirty.
It had been sitting on a trailer, unused, for quite awhile.
The LU was a milkshake, the bilge was full of water with a half inch of ATF floating on top, the cockpit was coated in green moss and full of leaves, and the entire hull and topsides were a delightful shade of brown.

Ask forum member Porkchunker what condition she was in.
He kept his boat in the same marina lot back then, and watched the old girl deteriorate.

Other than the water in the LU, the surveyor determined her to be solid 'with issues' so I bought her.
Sometimes you have to look past the dirt to find the diamond.

2320 New green hull.
Cant determine if im for it or against it yet. I need a couple different angles to look at. Right now im still leaning towards the classic off white color.

Attachments

• Green Parker.JPG
    Green Parker.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 460
Megabyte":2kx7mdiw said:
Can't disagree with you there, but since this also happened to 'me' ... you and I, and others, can look past the dirt and see the potential. But can you imagine the poor bazztard who only gets work done on his boat when he has to pay someone else to do it?

I still remain STUNNED when I see sellers offering boats that weren't even basically cleaned up at all ...

Noahs_Ark":2kx7mdiw said:
I think this green gives them a bit of an old school type of a look...
I think if they left the beige color alone, then put the washboards, trunk cabin top and cabin rooftop in a darker Lowell green and a traditional downeast Tuscan tan ... then you'd have one SHARP looking boat!

From what I am hearing, there will be two shades of green. This one, and a lighter pastel one.
The other colors (I believe) are white, blue, and yellow (all pastels).

Megabyte":22m43kjb said:
DaleH":22m43kjb said:

Well, the day the Admiral and I went to go look at my 2520, she was more than a little dirty.
It had been sitting on a trailer, unused, for quite awhile.
The LU was a milkshake, the bilge was full of water with a half inch of ATF floating on top, the cockpit was coated in green moss and full of leaves, and the entire hull and topsides were a delightful shade of brown.

Ask forum member Porkchunker what condition she was in.
He kept his boat in the same marina lot back then, and watched the old girl deteriorate.

Other than the water in the LU, the surveyor determined her to be solid 'with issues' so I bought her.

My 21SE sat unused on a trailer for a couple of years also. At least this owner gave it a bath when he listed it, but you could still see the effects of it sitting in the gelcoat, cushions, etc. Between that and a few "prettier" used boats (like a 19' Grady White) we looked at, my wife chose the Parker.

That picture of the green hulled pilothouse, those new colors makes it look more like the Steiger Craft I am part owner of. Especially the use of the bright white. I like the colors personally, but to retain some of the "Parker-ness" of the boats, maybe they should have gone with colored hulls with a more traditional Parker colored gelcoat topside.

I saw a new Parker on the water at Cape Lookout this past Sunday. It had a ice blue hull and I could see the new chrome Parker on the side. It looked really nice.

That would have been me at the Cape this past weekend. Thanks. We looked at getting one of the new green hulls, but I really preferred the blue and there was one coming up the line we were able to get our name on. It also has the white top as opposed to the cream. I would been happy with the standard color, but the Admiral didn't want 'to look like everybody else out there'. She preferred the chrome logo too. I wasn't going to argue too much, I was just drooling to get into a new Parker!

I saw a boat [not Parker] the other day up close with that green.....UGH!

Not Seafoam Green,Mint Green...... It was Pee Green.

Back