new member - considering 23 DVCC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captmatt

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a lurker here and thought that I should finally sign up.

I currently run an 18' Jones Brothers CC. I am an inshore light tackle fisherman, mostly fly fishing, targeting striped bass and hardtails (tunas, albies, bontio) and bluefish when things are slow. I fish out of Rhode Island some in June - August, the middle Chesapeake Bay any time of year and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel in November and December.

I have been looking for a while to up-size my boat. I guess you could say that I have a slow case of 5-foot-itis. Since there are so many good values in new and used boats right now, the choice is really tough. I have to stay at a 8'6" beam or under. I live in Maryland and I am not going to mess with oversize permits. I want a t-top, the capacity for a porta-pottie for my wife, some more storage and more capacity to run offshore when the fishing warrants (but without sacrificing my ability to fish in the shallower stuff like 4').

I have been looking hard at the Parker 23 DV center console. As comparison, I have also been looking at the 27 Judge center console (really a 25-26 footer).

My experience with Parkers is limited to an 1801 that a friend had. I was on that boat a number of times. I found it to be very much like my Jones Brothers. I like the no-nonsense design and durability that both Jones and Parker offer. If Jones Brothers made a 23'-ish boat with an 8'6" beam that had some deadrise, I would buy that in a minute!

So with that introduction, can anyone provide more information on the 23 DVCC?

Thanks, Matt

what information would you like? if you want a port a pottie i am pretty sure they just recently in the last year or two redesigned the console so that it is bigger. In my opinion the 23 CC is the best looking parker. Should ride pretty awesome as well. Go ahead and spend the extra money for the 250 if you decide to go new.

FishFactory":3q1dt81m said:
We tow 900 mi. to Keys twice a year w/Chevy half-ton p/u.
This is one of my questions. How much truck does the 23 DVCC require? I realize that this has been discussed here at some length. My minimum tow is 30 miles and sometimes 400+ miles, but I need a truck as a daily driver in the city. I think that a newer 1/2 ton would be adequate , although a 3/4 would be better.

I have a pre-head console. IMO, you give up a lot to get the head. The console is moved foreward (to get depth for head). Boat has an entirely different look. Can hardly get around molded seating in front for console, should you chose the seating. All storage is lost w/head console. Electronics cabinet is lost.

I used to run a charter boat. Stole charters from others 'cause I had a porti potti. Everyone (women) wants one, but they never use it. It's hot, stuffy, cramped. Most of the seasick customers were the ones who spent time in there rocking back and forth. Doesn't take long. Let yer wife check one out before she decides. My Admiral much prefers to sit on side of boat.
I can see the benefits of both the older, smaller console and the newer, larger one. I am looking at some pre-2008 boats. I could live with either. With the older console, some have put a porta-pottie in the bow notch between the seats.

I have not been drinking Parker Kool-Aid and will be glad to point out any and all faults of my 23DVCC should you ask. I'm going kingfishing in a few weeks. PM me if interested and Welcome Aboard.
This is really what I am looking for! What are the pros and cons of your 23 DVCC? What did you learn about the boat only after running it for some time?

Thanks for the replies and for the welcome.

I too have a wife that is my best fishing buddy and and best 1st mate.
I have larger t-top model and added insert for front area so the wife would have large lay out area. I added two gunnel rod holders up front(23 CC's should have 6 gunnel rod holders if I were king) The protection from weather is better than most CC's and fishes just fine 360, even with the entire front filled in and cushsions. For a guys only trip I just pull cushsion and store in console, it's that big in there. The front deck insert creates storage under, good storage in console lots of flat floor space, two dry wells up front too. Look at 2008 or newer for the head, see how you view is over the console from the wheel, below 5'8 tall might be a challenge. This boat rocks, get a250HP I think a little slow with lower HP's.
I can go in 2'9" with OB up, just fine at 4', however, rocks can move!

B-Faithful":1ir9s7i7 said:
Matt, I think sea trials are in order :!: :D

B-Faithful, I do want to get out on a both a Parker 23 DVCC and a Judge 27 CC. I'll call you in August and hopefully you can help with the Judge.

Back